Why become a member? ×

SOLD Fender Precision, Sunburst and Made in Japan.

Shockwave

[size=3][b]Description[/b][/size]

Here we have a Fender 1994/1995 Precision bass, it is in reasonable condition. It was purchased by myself recently from a guy who has owned it since new. It is roughly 8lbs in weight, which can be considered lightweight.

[size=3][b]Specification[/b]
[/size]
This example is in 3 tone sunburst withmaple neck and rosewood fingeboard, however the sunburst is not as bright as most and could be mistaken as a two tone in bad light, looks almost cherry like. The hardware is all standard Fender Japan, Chrome, volume and tone controls.

The bass does not include a case or gigbag.

[size=3][b]Functionality[/b][/size]

The electronics are scratchy but functional, the jack socket seems like it would need replacing in the next few months but again is functional and can easily get through standard gigs.

The truss rod and bridge adjustment is working 100%, The tuners are fully functional.

[size=3][b]Playability [/b][/size]

The strings on the bass are brand new, they are a set of Hartke Nickelwounds 110-50. The bass could do with a professional setup as it hasent been setup for those strings yet, If the buyer wants the bass professionally set up before being sent/collected then i can take it to Electric Ladyland in Bristol to be sorted for a minimal fee. If you want to setup the bass yourselfyou'll be happy to know i have adjusted the truss rod myself and as i mentioned in the functionality section is fully working (I am just pretty awful at setting up basses) This bass can become a great little player with some TLC. The frets are in good condition.

[size=3][b]Sounds[/b][/size]

The standard pickups are growly with plenty of midrange. The sound really lends itself to Slapstyle play, which surprised me when i first got it. Turn up the tone control for bright as you like slap, turn it right down for that deep Jamerson vibe. Well it sounds like a P-bass.

[size=3][b]Condition[/b][/size]

The bass has a few paint chips and dings, the most severe being on the back of the neck, all of which are detailed in the photos, these do not affect the way the bass plays in anyway. The bass has been recently cleaned with polish and the frets are in good condition.

[size=3][b]Price/Trades[/b][/size]

The price is reduced to [b]£300 FIRM[/b]

Trades i would consider on this bass is a Musicman SUB 4 or 5 string, another P bass thats not sunburst, or a jazz bass.

I may consider part exchanges on Gold bass parts.

[size=3][b]Payment method[/b][/size]

Cash or Bank transfer.

[size=3][b]Delivery[/b][/size]

I can offer postal delivery of the bass as long as the cost is met by the buyer, the bass will be sent the day after payment is received. I can offer a hand delivered service to your nearest major train station for the same price as postage would have cost, however this offer is only available to people willing to meet within 200 miles of Bristol.

You can also pick up the bass locally in Bristol. Where you can try it out through my Ampeg rig.

[size=3][b]Other information[/b][/size]

Remember that the bass has no gigbag or hardcase and i am unable to supply one, if the bass needs to be posted i will be taking the neck off, which offers greater protection to the bass in transit.

If you require any other information or specific photos of the bass, please let me know either by PM or my E-mail address [email protected], My number is also available for serious buyers.

[size=3][b]Photos[/b][/size]

[quote name='tom1946' post='738340' date='Feb 7 2010, 07:03 PM']Super bass, super advert.

Wish everyone's were as clear & well written.[/quote]

Ditto on that - could we use this as a sort of template for future ads?

[quote name='Hamster' post='738574' date='Feb 7 2010, 10:48 PM']Ditto on that - could we use this as a sort of template for future ads?[/quote]

Yup, a car website I frequent has a for sale template which is great for those that bother. :)