Why become a member? ×

FS/FT: Pedulla MVP5. LAST CHANCE, FINAL REDUCTION TO £800

Shockwave

Hey guys!

This is a relist of my Pedulla MVP5 bass, i felt that the ad needed an update with all new photos and description as the previous one is a bit out of date now. Due to numerous tyrekickers and dreamers i have decided that all of my future bass adverts will follow this standard pattern, which honestly portrays every aspect of the bass to help make sure there is no ambiguity, so my time and your time is not wasted. This might seem a little impersonal, but it is for the best!

I have just cleaned the bass up with some nice polish and fingerboard cleaner. The bass looks much nicer then in the previous photos. These photos are a little dark, so dont hesitate to ask if you want more taken during the daytime.

[size=3][b]Description[/b][/size]

Here we have a mojoed example of a Pedulla MVP5, custom shop bass, circa 1990, the retail on these basses are over £3000. It was purchased within the USA, where the original owner used it continously for many years before selling it on to a guy called P0K on talkbass (The guy is a well respected member and creator of the Pedulla fan club there) He sold it on to Pobodys Nerfect on Basschat, from him the bass came to me. According to the bathroom scale the bass weighs 9.5lbs.

[size=3][b]Specification[/b]
[/size]
This example is black with chrome hardware, neck-thru with a Schaller 3D bridge, dark ebony fingerboard, replaced tuners (marked as made in Japan), factory fitted brass nut, Bartolini P/J pickups with a 9volt NMTB electronics which were recently replaced by Micheal Pedulla himself. The Pre-amp has Volume, Balance, Bass, Treble controls and a Mid boost switch.

The bass also includes a Pedulla hardcase.

[size=3][b]Functionality[/b][/size]

The electronics, Jack socket and truss rod has no issues whatsoever and are fully functional. The neck is straight as an arrow.

[size=3][b]Playability[/b] [/size]

This bass is setup for me personally, this is a very personal unique setup which some people may not like, this includes an incredibly low action, ultra light stainless steel strings (110-30) which are tuned B to G. However the bass has plenty of leeway in truss rod adjustment and Bridge saddle adjustment so the new owner can personalise the bass with their own setup with NO problems.

[size=3][b]Sounds[/b][/size]

The bartolinis are a good mix of polite Hi-fi jazz and more rockin' P pickup. Mixed together can produce a wide variety of tones. I have used it in very heavy metal bands to funk/jazz bands and havent felt terribly out of place with it.

[size=3][b]Condition[/b][/size]

The bass has been toured with extensivly at somepoint in its life, as you can see from the photos there are numerous patchs of paint missing and holes in the headstock where the old tuners used to be. The neck thru wings have shrunk due to the drying of the wood in its life. This can be seen in the photos, this is a very common feature in older Pedullas, it has no effect on the basses structural integrity or playability.

None of the chips on the bass have gone through the wood, they are all paint chips. There is a small dent on the headstock which has gone through but is very minor and i can barely pick it up on the camera.

There is very little fretwear at all.

[size=3][b]Price/Trades[/b][/size]

The price is [b]£850 FIRM.[/b]

The only trades i would consider on this bass is a Musicman Stingray/Sterling 5, such as a limited edition, special colour, piezo or graphite necked models.

Part exchanges i would consider on this bass would be a standard Musicman Stingray/Sterling 5 string with maple fingerboard and £100.

I may consider 4 string Musicmans and bongos on a case by case basis. I may also consider other 5 string basses that are not Musicmans, but is highly unlikely.

[size=3][b]Payment method[/b][/size]

Cash or Bank transfer.

[size=3][b]Delivery[/b][/size]

I can offer postal delivery of the bass as long as the cost is met by the buyer, the bass will be sent the day after payment is received. I can offer a hand delivered service to your nearest major train station for the same price as postage would have cost, however this offer is only available to people willing to meet within 200 miles of Bristol.

You can also pick up the bass locally in Bristol. Where you can try it out through my Ampeg rig.

[size=3][b]Other information[/b][/size]

The Pedulla requires a special truss rod tool, which can be bought from mansons in Exeter online and any other Pedulla dealer. I only have one and require it for my fretless Pedulla. However if needed i can demonstrate that the truss rod works 100% in this bass using my tool before purchase.

Older photos of the bass before cleaning but in better light are available in the old thread [b][url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=67653"]HERE[/url][/b]

If you require any other information or specific photos of the bass, please let me know either by PM or my E-mail address [email protected], My number is also available for serious buyers.

[size=3][b]Photos[/b][/size]

[quote name='leloupa' post='737956' date='Feb 7 2010, 11:43 AM']Can you check the stringspacing please ? Any sound files recorded with those strings ?
greetings,
Dave[/quote]

String spacing is 17.5MM it can be adjusted to about 18MM as the bridge is adjustable widthwise.

I do have soundclips but they are not indicitive of the actual tone of the bass as they are recorded through a terrible PC microphone. However if you are really desperate for those clips let me know and i will give them to you, there are many clips on youtube of these basses that are far better at demonstrating the Pedullas capabilities.

Rob.

"I have just cleaned the bass up with some nice polish and fingerboard cleaner..... "
[OK ... HOW do you do those 'Quote' bits ??... I either get it all - including photos - or nothing!???]

.... obviously, time well-spent Rob: bass looks great now! ..... great price, great bass(es) - would be an exceptional 'player' (as it is) or well-worth a refin' ! I reckon the 'Standard' model might also be something unusual .. mainly 'cos I've not seen one before. They're usually 'Custom' (the new Standard, I guess) or Signature.
Anybody have an idea as to what period the 'Standard' was offered?
For the price, you'd be hard pushed to find a superior fretted 5 !!

[quote name='leloupa' post='737956' date='Feb 7 2010, 11:43 AM']Can you check the stringspacing please ? Any sound files recorded with those strings ?
greetings,
Dave[/quote]

The track 'Coasting Down Vesuvius' on my site here [url="http://www.freewebs.com/mrped/facethemusic.htm"]http://www.freewebs.com/mrped/facethemusic.htm[/url] is recorded on a 4 string Pedulla MVP bass, with P/J Bartolini pickups. The only difference is the fact it was a 4 string and a 'Custom' which meant it had a natural maple finish. The 'Bass solo' at 2:00 is where you can hear the bass best. Sorry about the tasteless tune, it was great fun though! It was recorded totally clean, straight from the bass into a Zoom MRS4 mini digital recorder thing. It was ages ago and I had no other equipment. The Pedulla was my first proper bass.

Also worth mentioning is the fact that these basses are just incredibly playable! Beautifully responsive, comfortable, well balanced and the string-to-string balance is great, one of the most consistent sounding wooden necked basses I have tried.

ped

• 3 weeks later...

This is now your last chance, gonna start sanding tommorow and then it will be withdrawn from sale.

If i dont sell the bass you can follow its modding progess here!

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=73656&view=getnewpost"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...view=getnewpost[/url]