Why become a member? ×

FS/FT MUSIC MAN STINGRAY 30TH ANNIVERSARY

retroman

OK then, here goes....... :rolleyes:

Decided that the whole Stingray thing really isn't for me.

She's the limited edition 30th Anniversary, with 3 band EQ, Mahogony body, through body stringing, rosewood board, and a lovely glossed flame and birdseye neck. I believe that there were only 800 of these built, and the original retail was a whopping £1800. (please feel free to correct me if I am wrong).

I bought her "new old stock" in the summer, and she was slightly shop soiled, but soon cleaned up pristine :lol:
The bass is absolutely mint, apart from some VERY slight scratches on the scratch plate. The sticker will be removed properly as well. I put it on there to help protect the scratch plate! :)

She comes in the correct, and mint burgundy and gold 30th Anniversary hard case, and I even have the original box to help protect that! Unfortunately, the case candy was already missing when I bought her, as she had been in the shop a while.

Looking for £1200 ovno, NO TRADES

Bass is located in Chesterfield, Derbyshire, very close to M1. You are more than welcome to pop round, try her out. I make good tea or coffee :lol:
I really would prefer collection only.

The photo's really do not do her justice, and make the grain on the body look a bit funny :lol:

Edited by retroman

[quote name='retroman' post='734852' date='Feb 4 2010, 11:45 AM']I believe that there were only 800 of these built,[/quote]
783 actually! God I love being pedantic!! :)

From a previous owner of one of these instruments I can honestly say that anyone who buys this will NOT be disappointed. They are tonal giants!!
BTW, different strap nuts on this to the originals supplied. Also, isn't the case 'oxblood' with black velvet interior?

Thanks for the comments guys :lol:

I guess you could describe the case as "Ox blood" with a black velvet interior. The case is nearly as bling as the bass! The case also has a little 30th Anniversary badge inside as well.

I wasn't too far out with the 800 then :rolleyes: When I posted this one up, I never realised that someone else had listed another one! :) What are the chances of that hey? :lol:

This bass has a huge tone. it's possible to get anything from ear sizzling treble, to lovely warm passive tones. The Mahogony body definately colours the tone a little.

Well spotted with the strap locks! I do have the originals, and I wil refit them for the buyer if required.

All PM's replied to, and I'll happily give out my phone number via the PM system.

Richard :lol:

[quote name='retroman' post='735338' date='Feb 4 2010, 06:02 PM']Thanks for the comments guys :lol:

When I posted this one up, I never realised that someone else had listed another one! :) What are the chances of that hey? :lol:

Richard :rolleyes:[/quote]

And the chances of them being within 15 miles of each other! Wish I'd had you around to do my camera work :lol:

Looks like yours has a flame neck as opposed to birdseye on mine - nice to see a bit of variation on these custom builds.

Used to play a few pubs in Chesterfield - is the railway still going, always loved playing that place?

Edited by martthebass

Thanks again everyone :rolleyes:

[quote name='martthebass' post='735428' date='Feb 4 2010, 07:32 PM']And the chances of them being within 15 miles of each other! Wish I'd had you around to do my camera work :lol:

Looks like yours has a flame neck as opposed to birdseye on mine - nice to see a bit of variation on these custom builds.

Used to play a few pubs in Chesterfield - is the railway still going, always loved playing that place?[/quote]

yeah the neck on mine is more flame than birdseye, but it does have birdseye in it, especially around the headstock area.
Do you mean the Railway Tavern? It's incredible that 2 of these rare basses have come up at once, and so close together logistically :)

[quote name='tombboy' date='Feb 4 2010, 03:19 PM' post='735126']
783 actually! God I love being pedantic!! :)

From a previous owner of one of these instruments I can honestly say that anyone who buys this will NOT be disappointed. They are tonal giants!!
BTW, different strap nuts on this to the originals supplied. Also, isn't the case 'oxblood' with black velvet interior?

This seller has the original case its burgandy / Oxblood (same thing) and by gold he means the metal parts of the case.

Cheers
Paul

[quote name='wjoyce' post='736584' date='Feb 5 2010, 07:41 PM']I've just shown the pics of this bass to my wife. She declared it beautiful, then asked the price. I told her and she said "Just get it!" then laughed as my eyes lit up and then died again as I realised she was joking. :)

Have a bump...[/quote]

Just buy it then.... and then tell her you've got Aspergers and can't understand sarcasm!! :rolleyes:

[quote name='tombboy' post='736727' date='Feb 5 2010, 10:13 PM']Just buy it then.... and then tell her you've got Aspergers and can't understand sarcasm!! :)[/quote]

Doesn't Aspergers make your wee smell funny? Not sure I could handle that and two black eyes... lol

[quote name='wjoyce' post='736584' date='Feb 5 2010, 07:41 PM']I've just shown the pics of this bass to my wife. She declared it beautiful, then asked the price. I told her and she said "Just get it!" then laughed as my eyes lit up and then died again as I realised she was joking. :rolleyes:

Have a bump...[/quote]

The wife and I recently had a similar conversation about a '76 Bicentennial Thunderbird that appeared on ebay......She bid on it, and won it for me!! :)

I am more than happy for anyone who is seriously interested in the bass to visit, and try the bass for as long as they want. More than welcome to bring your own amp, or use one of mine :lol:

I know what you mean. £1200 doesn't really buy a lot these days. Have Electro got any new bass stock in yet? Haven't been in for about a month or so now :)

Only reason that I have decided to part with this beauty is I really don't get on with it. I seem to prefer Ric's, Gibbo's, and Jazzes.

She really is as close to a new one as you could hope to find IMHO, and I am extremely fussy in how I take care of my gear :rolleyes:

Will still consider a trade on the following 4 stringers for this custom built beauty;

Rickenbacker 4001 or 4003
Gibson (must be a long scale version)
Fender Jazz (preferably 70's block marker type)
Something retro, and interesting :rolleyes:

The Stingray really is as new :)