Why become a member? ×

FS/FT MUSIC MAN STINGRAY 30TH ANNIVERSARY

retroman

[quote name='Sibob' post='746992' date='Feb 16 2010, 10:52 AM']Steve, you could always have The Bass Gallery in Camden put a maple fingerboard on for you! :)
Cost you £300......but hey! lol

Si[/quote]
That would just spoil an excellent bass :rolleyes:
Never understood the fascination with maple boards, especially on a Ray. The sound difference is so marginal as to be almost irrelevant (what's the eq for anyway). The damned things just get mucky on the unfinished ones anyhow. Nice bit of rosewood that's what you need ....... Suits you sir.

• 1 year later...

RESURRECTION TIME!

Not sure how I was going to post this, so I decided on adding to an OLD thread.

I have one of the 783 Music Man Stingray 30th Anniversary cases, which currently contains my 2009 OLP (don`t ask!) and since I am about to trade the OLP for a MIM Precision, wondered if anyone on here needs this case?
It is not in perfect condition, as prior to me the owner had lost the keys and chewed up the "hidden" parts of the two case locks a bit to get it open.
Otherwise it is in good order and has the little gold badge etc inside.
Oh and I just got hold of an original case key from the lovely folks at Strings and Things.

I`ll just trade it on with the OLP if nobody is interested, which does seem a shame, as somewhere out there in the UK has to be a 30th Anniversary Stingray with no proper case.

Ivan

Edited by ivansc