Why become a member? ×

And finally ...

Hazy Bass

... introducing myself that is ...

Been browsing the forum for a little while & finally found time to join a couple of weeks ago ... and it's only taken another couple of weeks to get round to this ...

Been playing bass & guitar in various bands since I was at school in the (late) 1970s, but for the last few years it's been almost exclusively bass. Nearest claim to fame was having a couple of my songs played by John Peel on Radio 1 in the early 80s ... sadly that was the closest I came ...

Now living in Horsham after moving out from London & gigging mostly around West Sussex.

Current kit is:
Status Electro (mark 1)
Steinberger Spirit (for spare & practice & taking on holiday etc. - and also so my 10 year old son doesn't trash the Status!)
EA iAmp Micro 300 (bought through this forum last week)
Bass Pod XT Live (soon to be unloaded - watch the ads)

Running the EA as a pre-amp through the PA at the moment (sounds awesome), but looking for a suitable cab.

Also about to take the plunge into EUB territory - which is what got me started on browsing this forum.

It was going to be an NS designs NXT, but I've also just been offered a Clifton Mini Upright ... twice the price but very tempting! Now I just need to make a decision ...

... will keep you posted. Cheers,
Andy

[quote name='makssbass' post='733579' date='Feb 2 2010, 10:40 PM']Nearest claim to fame was having a couple of my songs played by John Peel on Radio 1 in the early 80s ... sadly that was the closest I came ...[/quote]
i take this to mean that your band was either really really good or just-plain-weird :) ,
so spill the beans, who, what and when ?

oh and welcome !!

Edited by phil.i.stein

[quote name='phil.i.stein' post='734354' date='Feb 3 2010, 06:52 PM']i take this to mean that your band was either really really good or just-plain-weird :rolleyes: ,
so spill the beans, who, what and when ?

oh and welcome !![/quote]

We certainly thought we were really really good, but I suspect we weren't really quite as good as we thought! Not particularly weird either, but we had a kind of post-punk angry-young-man energy which probably appealed to Mr Peel, a couple of good demos & a bit of attitude ... managed to get a few support gigs with some of the second division mod bands at the time (The Purple Hearts, The Chords ...) I think we probably got about as far as we were worth (unfortunately) :) !