Why become a member? ×

Charvel....anyone know anything about them?

iconic

[quote name='RhysP' post='728220' date='Jan 28 2010, 10:53 PM']Go on, show us your mullet! :)[/quote]

[attachment=41447:Mullet.jpg]

Well if you don't ask you don't get. Against my better judgement I have dug out this photo from 1992 when I was 25 with my mullet, about as bad as it got!

I'm now 43 and shave my head weekly with just the clippers, ie less than grade 1. Oh how times change. But hey, I've still got my bass.

I not aware of a mullet thread on this site, and am not going to start one. Granted, the 80's Charvel guitar range went hand in hand with mulleted axe men, so this is where I'll leave it.

Edited by mep

[quote name='TimR' post='728239' date='Jan 28 2010, 11:13 PM']I still have one in white.

I paid £350 for it in 1987.[/quote]

I had one of these basses in the 80's and it cost me (as you say) about £350. It was black sparkle, BO neck and as opposed to the OPs bass very light. It wasn't the same as Mep's bass as it didn't have the rounded off body edges, though there were obviously chamfers on the forearm rest etc. Decent bass in its day and @ £50 a positive bargain.

Oh and if I can find a snap I'll see if I can scan it. :)

• 2 months later...

[quote name='TimR' post='795121' date='Apr 3 2010, 04:33 PM']Its a Japanese B2 from 1986, the colour is supposed to be 'cream' but its a bit yellow now and has more dings that I remembered.[/quote]

Yep I had a black sparkle version of your bass. Fond (big hair) memories! :)