Why become a member? ×

would this work???

mojobass

Considering an ashdown superfly 500, which as you all know only gives 250w per side into 4ohm. I only have one cab (schroeder1212L 4ohm) so at best under the original setup i could only get 250w at best so i therefore have a question...

Ive got a guitar A/B pedal which is two inputs and one output (with seperate volumes for each input), could I take each speaker out from the head into the two inputs on the pedal, then take the resulting output into the cab? would this give me the full 500w at 4ohm, or am i being thick?!!

advice greatly received

[quote name='essexbasscat' post='720881' date='Jan 22 2010, 10:01 AM']Would the pedal be able to take the wattage delivered by the output of the amp ? sounds like the pedal was designed to handle the very much smaller signal that is emitted by a guitar.

Just a thought

T[/quote]

Even if it could, you'd upset your amp very much.

The pedals probably going to present a significant impedance to the amp, due to the pots, and the fact it will be heating up and possibly melting in places, so you won't even get your 250w.

Get another cab or rewire it to have two inputs, one for each speaker (probably dodge on a Schroeder if it has the one low-passed by by facing a wall speaker).

I'd consider a different amp. To get any amount of power out of the Superfly you'll need 2 cabs*, 4 or 8 ohm.

I run mine with one 4ohm cab and it's quiet compared to a similarly rated amp, really only loud enough for home practice or maybe with a quiet drummer

They're also known to have quite a few issues, the cheap ones that a lot of people bought for £199 at the end of the production run were plagued with overheating issues, faulty PCB, cutting out and mine also had a faulty speakon connection.
Mine has been fine since i took it out of the casing (it looks like a Little Giant with a different graphic eq) but i still wouldn't trust it at a gig. Does sound quite nice though.

The Schroeder would be much better partnered with a LMII or similar.

* EDIT: Just remembered Ashdown did a cab with 2 speakon connectors to utilise the full 500w

Edited by lemmywinks