Why become a member? ×

Sadowsky RV4 Oly White Great player. Withdrawn.

phsycoandy

Guys i'm hankering after the Will Lee Model on here having played one in the US. I need to shift this, so need a confirmed buyer before I can proceed.

Usual superb Sadowsky build quality, VTC etc, some wear marks on back of the neck from good honest work as per an old Fender et al, hence she's a fabulous player and cuts though great in my covers band. A couple of chips here and there on the lower edge and round lower strap button, nothing horrible just battle scars, pretty much perfect from the front. £1100 ships free in Sadowsky semi hard case. This is strictly a feeler as per the above. 2002, almost Vintage as Sadowskys go! If the WL sells I will withdraw this cause she's fab.

Edited by phsycoandy

Hi Andy,

This bass used to be mine and also Mark (Bassaussie) owned it for a few months as well. I sold it to WaveyDavy and then somehow it's got to you.
One of the nicest Sadowskys I have played, cracking tone and super playable.
Just a couple of minor points which I may be wrong about as my memory isn't great but I think I bought it in August 2005 from a guy in the States who had had it about a month from new so I am pretty sure its newer than 2002.
Also, The VTC's were not factory fitted until more recently and if I recall correctly I got John Diggins (Jaydee) to fit it for me.

Best of luck with this - I think you should hold onto it!!! Also, please let me know whoever does get this as I need to know where it is for if ever I want to buy it back myself. I did about 60 gigs with this bass!!

Steve

[quote name='birdy' post='714543' date='Jan 16 2010, 02:33 AM']This bass used to be mine and also Mark (Bassaussie) owned it for a few months as well. I sold it to WaveyDavy and then somehow it's got to you.[/quote]

I can fill in a bit more history as I almost bought this from Dave (eubassix), so there's another bit of the jigsaw. :rolleyes: :)

[quote name='birdy' post='714543' date='Jan 16 2010, 02:33 AM']Hi Andy,

This bass used to be mine and also Mark (Bassaussie) owned it for a few months as well. I sold it to WaveyDavy and then somehow it's got to you.
Just a couple of minor points which I may be wrong about as my memory isn't great but I think I bought it in August 2005 from a guy in the States who had had it about a month from new so I am pretty sure its newer than 2002.
Also, The VTC's were not factory fitted until more recently and if I recall correctly I got John Diggins (Jaydee) to fit it for me.

Best of luck with this - I think you should hold onto it!!! Also, please let me know whoever does get this as I need to know where it is for if ever I want to buy it back myself. I did about 60 gigs with this bass!!

Steve[/quote]I got the date from this ad [url="http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=98347"]http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=98347[/url] . Folk have asked for weight its just a tad over 9lbs. and wear spots on neck, basically where your thumb rests, neck is super smooth.

[quote name='birdy' post='714543' date='Jan 16 2010, 02:33 AM']Hi Andy,

Steve[/quote]

Yeah, absolutely correct. I thought it was a brilliant bass, and I only got rid of it as Steve offered to do a deal with me on another of his basses. I'd probably still have it otherwise. It created a very good impression for me of the Metro line in general.

What Steve has said about the age and preamp sounds right as well. I don't think the Metro line existed in 2002 - back then Roger had the "Sadowsky Tokyo" line, and they were more of a full-sized Jazz bass with a slightly different preamp.

Found this thread [url="http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=511403&highlight=sadowsky+tokyo"]http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.p...=sadowsky+tokyo[/url] look for mrphattay. He seems to think the Metros started mid 2004.

Edited by bassaussie

[quote name='phsycoandy' post='717269' date='Jan 18 2010, 10:37 PM']Apathy has set in and I've lost all hope of affording the WL so withdrawing this from sale.[/quote]

That bass is as good as any NYC model I have ever played so I think you are doing the right thing!!

• 4 weeks later...