Why become a member? ×

Les Claypool Playing London.....

BassJase

Not much else to add really, the mighty Les is playing at Londons KoKo (SW1) on Monday March 8th.
I bought my two tickets this morning and it's cost me £41 all-in (with the bloody £6 booking fee, Grrr....)

Anybody else up for it?

[url="http://www.koko.uk.com/gigs.php?event=905"]http://www.koko.uk.com/gigs.php?event=905[/url]

The guy leaves me cold, but I hope you all have a good time if you're going. 41 quid for a pair of tickets isn't too bad in the scheme of things, I seem to remember paying far more than 20 for my ticket to Jazz Cafe gigs in the past.

[quote name='cheddatom' post='712434' date='Jan 14 2010, 12:08 PM']I'm going. Someone posted a thread about it a while ago and I got the impression it was sold out, but obviously not.[/quote]

Yeah there werent any tickets available when I looked the other week.. this has made my day, believe!!!

• 1 month later...

I'm still buzzing from the gig now.
For those who care,this was the set list.....(taken from the Bullboard)

Rumble of the Diesel
Duchess and the Proverbial Mind Spread
Amanitas
Cosmic Highway
Red State Girl
You Can't Tell Errol Anything
Precipitation
Drums/Whamola Jam
Boonville Stomp
David Makalaster (part 1)
Southbound Pachyderm
D's Diner

Encore...
Iowan Girl
Riddles are Abound Tonight

Lucky boy! I was chuffed to hear Riddles, couldnt believe how great all his basses sound.
Yeah stupidly tight band. Hoping someone recorded it, my mate forgot his Edirol :)

I thought the support were cool as well, Stuart Copeland's son or something

[quote name='Fitzy73' post='769241' date='Mar 9 2010, 01:57 PM']seen primus in 1993 ,the best gig i was ever at .[/quote]
I saw Primus support Rush in Wembley Shithouse around then. Herb was a fabulous drummer too.

The band came on, and Les shouted "WHAT THE HELL'S GOIN' ON AROUND HERE" in a cowboy drawl stylee and launched into some crazy slap riff. They were ace.

Claypool was indeed awesome last night. I'm still not entirely sure exactly what it was I saw - the man is a true innovator.

I don't really know his solo material, so the orchestration was a pleasant and refreshing surprise to me. And what an amazing band! The percussionist particularly impressed me.

I didn't meet him last night, but I did get to meet him back in 2008 when he premiered Electric Apricot at the Raindance film festival. While I literally only said hello to him, he did come across as a very pleasant and down to earth chap.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him back over her after not too long, based on the reception he got last night.

[quote name='Doddy' post='769181' date='Mar 9 2010, 01:21 PM']I'm still buzzing from the gig now.
For those who care,this was the set list.....(taken from the Bullboard)

Rumble of the Diesel
Duchess and the Proverbial Mind Spread
Amanitas
Cosmic Highway
Red State Girl
You Can't Tell Errol Anything
Precipitation
Drums/Whamola Jam
Boonville Stomp
David Makalaster (part 1)
Southbound Pachyderm
D's Diner

Encore...
Iowan Girl
Riddles are Abound Tonight[/quote]

Aaaargh - I'm kinda green with envy! Saw this gig advertised months ago, and quickly realised I wasn't going to be able to go. So I've been trying to block it out of my mind every since. And now y'all are talking about it the disappointment of not being there is back with a vengeance!

Iowan Girl? U gotta love that song. Les Claypool is definitley one of the good guys.

Edited by alhbass

I loved it!! I didn't know most of the songs, but i'm going to get them now! The sound was good but I thought both his mics could have been louder..? The percussionist was amazing.

The funny thing is, I was so amazed by Les I never noticed the weird masks on the other guys, which my friends kept going on about.

What's the name of the one stringed metal bar with a whammy on the top?