Why become a member? ×

Lmk11 and F1

Pkomor

I believe there is a reasonable difference in terms of sound. From what I've heard from people who've used both the F1 has tighter lows, a bit more upper mids and highs and generally sounds "quicker" or more modern than the LMII. The LMII is supposed to be warmer and more "old school" in comparison.

Also, check on Talkbass, becuase I know for sure that there are loads of threads on this topic there.

Edited by Uncle Balsamic

The F1 head has (I believe) a digital power supply which allows them to be made smaller and lighter. In terms of volume and what you can drive etc the heads are pretty much the same. The F1 head does have more control over the bottom end, and as UB says, sounds a bit faster with a smoother top end. The F1's highs are a lot sharper than those of the LMII. Oh, and don't forget, the F1 is a LOT more expensive... looks cool though.

I would really like to try the new 800 and 1200w MarkBass heads, as I can imagine the headroom would make for a lovely dynamic and controlled sound. They use a similar power supply to the F1 head as well.

Hmm, I always though it was a bit expensive but i noticed that they can be had for £594 and the little mark is around £519 so not too much in it!

I notice that you use a little mark 2 with a GS112, how do you find this rig as hopefully thats what I will end up with, (Well, that or a F1 and GS112!)

[quote name='ezbass' post='708557' date='Jan 11 2010, 09:29 AM']This is definitely what I found when I demoed them side by side.[/quote]

Agreed - I loved my F1 - I'd have another tomorrow if I needed it - but alas - my amp is now inside my speaker cabinet!

To clarify they both use a switching (digital) power supply, but the LMII and III both use an old school analogue amp, whilst the F1 and F500 (and SD800) use a digital amp too.

Sound wise everything above is spot on.

Edited by 51m0n