Why become a member? ×

Schroeder 21015 cab

stingraybassman

Hi
I haven't tried any Shroeder cabs yet but i have read tons of reviews. www.talkbass.com reviews very often seem to come from midrange-fans (Jaco Pastorius-sound)and alot of them like the Shroeder cabs.
As the cabs in those reviews often are with 10's and 12's maybe with a 15" in the mix produces a more balanced fullrange-sound.They seem to sound kind of tight and lowmid-and clearness in general.
Please note,i'm just assuming this.
I have been interrested in those too,but i haven't been convinced yet as i'm more into Ampeg/Orange/vintage lowend grunt rock kind of thing.

If it's Si ( Geddys nose on here ) who is selling this it's my old cab, i bought it new from shx music, cab was excellent serious cab for that money as they are over £800 new, only sold it as my requirements changed band got new pa and started to di everything so i went for a small compact just for on stage monitoring.

can i also say that Si is a top bloke to deal with so you can buy with complete confidence

cheers steve

[quote name='Anders' post='705085' date='Jan 8 2010, 07:19 AM']I have read tons of reviews. www.talkbass.com reviews very often seem to come from midrange-fans[/quote]

Loads of reviews of Schroeders on TB, definitely check that out. I use a 1212L which has a great sound live, both FOH and on stage, in fact the best I've had ever. Don't know about the 21015 specifically, but if it's voiced anything like the 1212 then you will get a low mid bump which is great for cutting through a mix, just add some bass (not much) to fill it out a bit, I do this when using my P basses, but when using my SUB 'Ray I leave the amp flat and just add bass to taste from the on board active, a great sound. You can always email Jorg Schroeder and ask him about it, he's a really nice, really honest guy. FWIW the 21015 sounds like a great one cab solution.

[quote name='Anders' post='705085' date='Jan 8 2010, 07:19 AM']reviews very often seem to come from midrange-fans (Jaco Pastorius-sound)and alot of them like the Shroeder cabs.
As the cabs in those reviews often are with 10's and 12's maybe with a 15" in the mix produces a more balanced fullrange-sound.They seem to sound kind of tight and lowmid-and clearness in general.[/quote]

Yeah, the Schroeders with that prominent midrange honk are the medium and small ones like the 1210 and 1212. The large ones tend to have a more balanced sound. As you say TB is the place.

Stingraybassman, I sold my 1212L for £430 not long ago so £400 for a 21015 sounds like a pretty good deal. Is it the Light version or the standard? For that price, if you didn't like it you could probably get your money back fairly easily. Spend a while on BC and you'll want to sell it and get something else in a couple of months anyway. Welcome to GAS central.

Edited by AndyMartin

[quote name='stingraybassman' post='706477' date='Jan 9 2010, 12:36 PM']the 21015 only comes in the light version if i'm not mistaken,

had a look on TB and i think im going for it,

Thanks for all the help and I will let you all know how she is![/quote]

Don't be put off if you don't particularly like the tone at home, wait until you get out live as this is where Jorg's cabs excel. Of course with the 15" it may sound just fine at home.

I have a 21012 which is an excellent cab and is all I need in my pub rock covers band. Small, light enough not to be a problem with a massive sound. Would be very interested in hearing a 21015. I'd say at that price, go for it.