Why become a member? ×

Couple of great basses!

Darryll-Profane

Need to clear some debt and sadly two of my fave basses are in the firing line. Firstly :

[u][font="Arial Black"]Marcus Miller 5 String Jazz[/font][/u]

All specs at this URL [url="http://www.fender.com/products/search.php?partno=0197802834"]Marcus 5 string[/url]

This particular one is the gorgeous vintage white model. Comes with Fender hardcase and all relevant bits and bobs.

I paid £1500 looking for £1300.

[u][font="Arial Black"]Victor Bailey 4 string Acoustic Bass[/font][/u]

All specs at this URL [url="http://www.fender.com/products/search.php?partno=0953300221"]Victor Bailey Acou[/url]

This plays like a dream. Jazz profile neck, ultra low action (though if you preferred a quick truss rod tweak will raise it) and lovely tone. Comes with supplied Fender Gig bag.

Looking for £550 ono.

I live in Manchester and will post out so long as buyer pays postage but would much prefer someone to come look these over before hand. Both in stunning condition and both hard to find in regular stores.

Please feel free to PM me if you wish to know more or see photos.

Thanks for looking. Darryll.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Jimmy. Apologies for my slack response. Am having some computer issues. I appreciate your reply man and although I would love a Precision and especially a '78 (birth year and all that) I am in need of monies. If you get chance though check out a VB acoustic. Not like any normal acoustic bass. Utterly playable like a well set up electric but somewhat lacking in volume and depth when compared with the larger bodied stuff like Takamine, Tacoma and even Ibanez.

Thats why I bought it though.

Regards.

Darryll

[quote name='ped' post='710488' date='Jan 12 2010, 08:03 PM']That Victor acoustic looks the biz... and a good price[/quote]

[quote name='Darryll-Profane' post='716248' date='Jan 18 2010, 12:42 AM']It is a lovely bass. Only had it for 8 months too. As I say, sorry to have to release it into the wild.[/quote]

Forgive my ignorance but are there two models of this bass (i.e. USA and Far East)?