Why become a member? ×

Zon Sonus 4 - - WITHDRAWN --

Jigster

Okay, so gonna offer a price drop here, £50 off - might generate a bit, but not a signal for being open to offers - if no movement then will leave it for a bit.

Bought from fellow BC'er Warwick Hunt - superb bass that just oozes class - this thing is so well made, beautifully light and poised, neck is STRAIGHT as a dye, gr8 frets, super fast neck, very responsive Bartolini preamp -

[b]Just not sure it is me that's all.[/b] :)

Am also up for a likewise trade - am looking at P's, Jazzers, Ricks (with cash going your way more than likely if there's any 'Rick love to be had)..

Here are some of WH's words and piccies (thanks John) from his previous posts.

Guitar has, like all Zons, a graphite neck which is set-up to not require tweaking - has no noticeable fret wear. It is really perfect actually and a dream to play. 34" scale, graphite nut, string spacIng .750"/19mm, tuners Gotoh GB-7.

The neck is very slim and shallow and lives up to the advertising claim to be the 'Jazz bass for the 90's'. It has Bartolini pups and a retro-fitted Bartolini pre. There are two dings: one through to the wood on the upper side, and a little chip in the headstock but no nasty bucklerash etc. Controls are Vol Pan and stacked bass/treble.

The bass is pretty darn versatile - it rocks out, gets subtle and woody, and altho I don't do the slap thing, it has the armoury to go there -

Thanks for reading

[attachment=39522:100_1096.jpg]
[attachment=39523:100_1097.jpg]
[attachment=39524:100_1099.jpg]
[attachment=39525:100_1098.jpg]
[attachment=39526:100_1120.jpg][b][/b]

Edited by Jigster

[quote name='Jigster' post='703787' date='Jan 7 2010, 07:03 AM']105 views - no interest - hmm[/quote]

I think Zon's are a bit 'marmite' at times - some people love 'em and others really don't.

I have a headless VB4 and really like it :)

Edited by molan

[quote name='Jigster' post='705892' date='Jan 8 2010, 07:15 PM']might also consider any old school trades.....[/quote]

I'll give you my old school uniform for it, and I'll throw in my monitors badge too................. :)

SOMEBODY BUY THIS BASS! ZONS ARE f***ing AWESOME!!

I've been always conceptually interested in the Zon basses, but I'd love to try one before buying it, just to avoid (as happened dozens times) to put the hands on an instrument and to be completely disappointed.
Too bad I live far away...
Free bump for the Zon anyway!

[quote name='ialma' post='706112' date='Jan 8 2010, 10:48 PM']I've been always conceptually interested in the Zon basses, but I'd love to try one before buying it, just to avoid (as happened dozens times) to put the hands on an instrument and to be completely disappointed.
Too bad I live far away...
Free bump for the Zon anyway![/quote]

Where do you live?

[quote name='ialma' post='711472' date='Jan 13 2010, 04:04 PM']does it have a truss rod ?[/quote]

no - is that good or bad for you? :) btw, you are in Italy I think, if you have any interest, I have omitted to say, and will amend it now, that the free p&p is UK only - best to get that straight :rolleyes: