Why become a member? ×

Someone Got Himself a Christmas Bargain

Platypus

Every now & then a 'big' rig like this goes for silly money on eBay (I recall a gorgeous mint 70's SVT + 8x10 went for £1K some months back) and I'm sure it's simply because of the size/weight issue. Many of us would love something like this or an Ampeg 8x10 - but can't because the majority of bass players have no practical way of moving it around regularly or the space to store it...leaving the field wide open for someone who can - & little or no competition in the bids results in bargain prices!
There's a similar situation with big mixing desks - you can pick up some ridiculous bargains - not because they are undesirable items, but because so few potential buyers have space for them.

That's a cracking price/rig. I saw 'The Raveonettes' live, recently and the bassist had that Fender head and either 2 Fender 4x10s or an 8x10 (can't remember) with a Precision and it sounded superb - really fat.