Why become a member? ×

hoyer bass

stoker

thought i would upload a pic of my early 70's hoyer 5045 bass. this is the only one i have ever seen and it was lust at first sight! lol.
looks like an EB-3 but sounds like a rick on steroids!
I've stuck some rotosound flatwounds on it and it now sounds amazingly warm and fat!
if any one can offer some info on this model please get in touch.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Ahh gotta love the EB3 style :). I wish we had some more Hoyer examples on here, tempted to collect them when I'm older and have more funds! Saw one go straight away here in Cardiff, semi acoustic guitar just went within a week. You probably have to try b4 you buy though as not many ppl have heard of them. Rare gems.

[quote name='stoker' post='694878' date='Dec 28 2009, 03:05 PM']thought i would upload a pic of my early 70's hoyer 5045 bass. this is the only one i have ever seen and it was lust at first sight! lol.
looks like an EB-3 but sounds like a rick on steroids!
I've stuck some rotosound flatwounds on it and it now sounds amazingly warm and fat!
if any one can offer some info on this model please get in touch.[/quote]

I've just found a website for hoyer guitars (who have been brought back to life) I e-mailed them about my different model Hoyer (pics attached - battered and bruised but still fantastic) and they got straight back in touch asking for serial no. and pics and promising to see what they could find out.

Here's the site [url="http://www.hoyerguitars.com/Hoyer_Guitars/Hoyer.html"]http://www.hoyerguitars.com/Hoyer_Guitars/Hoyer.html[/url]

Cheers

[quote name='tattsyrup' post='781175' date='Mar 20 2010, 09:23 PM']I've just found a website for hoyer guitars (who have been brought back to life) I e-mailed them about my different model Hoyer (pics attached - battered and bruised but still fantastic) and they got straight back in touch asking for serial no. and pics and promising to see what they could find out.

Here's the site [url="http://www.hoyerguitars.com/Hoyer_Guitars/Hoyer.html"]http://www.hoyerguitars.com/Hoyer_Guitars/Hoyer.html[/url]

Cheers[/quote]

Good work!! Thats awesome!! We made it to 3 haha :) What did they say about yours?

[quote name='Schnozzalee' post='781509' date='Mar 21 2010, 11:19 AM']Cool stuff, I've done the same. Only just realised your up the way in Pontypridd!![/quote]

Yeah just up the road,

you look familiar - I expect paths have crossed somewhere. Perhaps at Triban? I play in Tattsyrup, used to be in Michael's Bones & Hair o' the Dogma

Cheers

Dan

[quote name='tattsyrup' post='782942' date='Mar 23 2010, 12:26 AM']Yeah just up the road,

you look familiar - I expect paths have crossed somewhere. Perhaps at Triban? I play in Tattsyrup, used to be in Michael's Bones & Hair o' the Dogma

Cheers

Dan[/quote]

Hi Dan,

I doubt it, I've only just arrived in Cardiff last year studying at the university - nice city but I have yet to get stuck in to the music scene here. Live lounge seems the best place for it. I've sent off for details from Germany about the Hoyer so it should come to me any day now! :)

Oli

[quote name='Schnozzalee' post='790172' date='Mar 30 2010, 12:29 AM']Hi Dan,

I doubt it, I've only just arrived in Cardiff last year studying at the university - nice city but I have yet to get stuck in to the music scene here. Live lounge seems the best place for it. I've sent off for details from Germany about the Hoyer so it should come to me any day now! :)

Oli[/quote]

We've gone a bit off thread but if you like vintage rock / blues there's a good open mic night at the Claude on Albany Rd on aThursday - amps & a bass usually provided and often people looking for someone to jam with.

Cheers

Dan