Why become a member? ×

Castle Cases full ATA flight case to fit Precision

For Sale - £90 (reduced from £100) collected from central Manchester - Castle Cases ATA full flight case with foam insert to fit Fender Precision bass.

I bought this on here a few weeks ago and was immediately reminded why I gave up on full flight cases around 20 years ago - beautifully constructed and ultimate protection...but heavy.

This example is just a few months old and I haven't had a bass in it. The original purchaser made some very minor modifications to the foam insert to accommodate taller tuning posts ('62 re-issue?) but it's very neat work, not a carving knife job). The case outer is black hex fibreboard (industry standard) and the foam insert is grey high-density. Aluminium ball corners (very heavy duty - one with a small bump) and high-grade aluminium edging. The heavy duty handle is leather. The case is in almost new condition with just one or two very minor scuffs (apparently the case had just sat in a bedroom before it reached me - the scuffs are the kind of thing that are almost unavoidable when getting a case upstairs).

You can see the case on the Castle Cases site - it's the Precision model that retails for £172

Any questions, just let me know

Cheers, Lozbass

Edited by lozbass

[quote name='tredders' post='692889' date='Dec 24 2009, 12:16 PM']I have the exact same flight case, and they are the absolute business.... heavy, but it feels like you could run over it in a tank and the tank would come off worse!

Bargain at £100....[/quote]

Thanks Tredders - I couldn't agree more - I just have a problem carrying it these days

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

[quote name='Beedster' post='770285' date='Mar 10 2010, 12:40 PM']Can you post mate?[/quote]
Hi Chris, sure - 'might even drag it down to London next time I'm there if that would help? Could be the perfect armour for a gorgeous '64 P!

Edited by lozbass

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='841895' date='May 19 2010, 12:05 PM']Got a new bass coming so may take this assuming the case is long and wide enough and I'll just recut the foam I'll give you a shout in a couple of days so we can meet up.

Cheers[/quote]
Saw the incoming and it's gorgeous - I think you have an Overwater custom (again stunning!) that I used to own. I'll measure thi width of the case (internally) and pm you.