Why become a member? ×

Christmas Pedal?

cm261

NO idea what I might get for christmas, so since I have no other ideas I was thinking an effect/stompbox/pedal could provide the solution.

I currently own:
- EHX Bass Big Muff
- ZVex Woolly Mammoth clone
- Zoom B2 multi fx
- Sansamp Bass Driver DI
- Tech 21 XXL Bass Distortion
- MXR M-88 Bass Octave
(-Behringer BOD100)

I've been considering the Sansamp VT Bass, and also the EHX Bass Micro Synth, but am not really getting anywhere to be honest.

So, suggestions?

Sorry for the pretty stupid thread...

EDIT: I'm assuming that the VT Bass is going to get a lot of love, which is cool but I already know how good it is, so I guess I'm looking for new suggestions rather than praise for that particular pedal. If you have anything bad to say about it then be my guest, if it eats batteries or something (which I'm sure it doesn't, but still) :)

Edited by cm261

I've played just about everything except funk, not that I have any kind of problem with funk I've just never really played it. Nope not a fretless player, I have a Cort Artisan A5, if that means anything to you lol... Not dismissing the nova repeater by any means, just not particularly the area I was planning on looking at, but getting some discussion on the matter was exactly what I was looking for. On this though, how does the Akai Headrush (2) compare to the TC in your opinion? I assume you own one of the nova repeaters?

[quote name='cm261' post='688705' date='Dec 18 2009, 08:32 PM']I've played just about everything except funk, not that I have any kind of problem with funk I've just never really played it. Nope not a fretless player, I have a Cort Artisan A5, if that means anything to you lol... Not dismissing the nova repeater by any means, just not particularly the area I was planning on looking at, but getting some discussion on the matter was exactly what I was looking for. On this though, how does the Akai Headrush (2) compare to the TC in your opinion? I assume you own one of the nova repeaters?[/quote]

I'm using a Pharaoh Echo Jr. at the moment but the guitarist in my band uses the Nova Repeater and it's got lots of features. It's really versatile and sounds really great.

I've got the Akai Headrush E2 on my Christmas list so won't be able to compare until the new year sadly.

I think I may prefer the Headrush as it has the looping feature.

I also find flanger is a really usable effect. I use a Boss BF-2.

Heya,

I'd recommend the Ashdown Envelope filter...it's cheep and sounds great. I occasionally stick a fuzz in front of it....gives a real synth sound!....Here's a review i wrote, just to be helpful!

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=58261"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=58261[/url]

its in the effects review section.

I'd also recommend some sort of chorus pedal, as have many others! I have the Digitech Bass Multi Chorus...really versatile, from very subtle chorus (sounds nice with my useless slapping), to full vibrato, pulsing Peter-Hook "esque" bass lines, for example "Ceremony", "Bizarre Love Triangle" or "Age of Consent"....if you really pump up the treble on your bass

Hope i helped!

Josh

Weird & wonderful? A Bass Murf would fall into that category. Whether you'd use it or not is another question as the drummer would have to keep time with it (some find that tricky), but it is a weird & wonderful pedal that can make some superb rhythms & textures or just be used as a resonant EQ, overdrive or flanger.
Sorry if it seems like I'm only recommending Moog things but I can't suggest things I haven't tried or used. :)

Edited to add, there's also a Midi Murf.

Edited by xgsjx