Why become a member? ×

G&L L-1500

dub_junkie

I sold this bass to a mate last year and bought it back off him a couple of weeks back. It's the most aggressive sounding bass I've ever owned, like a MM Sterling but much more in your face. None of its tones can be got on the L-2000 which is the main reason I got it back. I like playing this one with a pick - its beastly!

the wunkay is passive, the pup is in the p bass position, nearer the neck but it has the legendary OMG setting on the switch.
the L1K is active or with treble boost or passive has series parallel switch and the pup is in the 'sweet spot' the same as the g&l climax and pretty close to a ray. however leos wiring makes for interesting tone controls depending on how you roll the treble back a little to change the shelving or roll the bass up to basically loosen fillings.

[quote name='Jigster' post='689727' date='Dec 20 2009, 01:41 PM']ah, some G&L peeps - anyone got anything to say about the G&L L2000 series E models - have seen one from early 80's f/s[/quote]
The front loader as the cousins from across the pond call 'em with the lawsuit headstock........ I WANT ONE. :)