Why become a member? ×

Online Store Rant

Linus27

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='676872' date='Dec 7 2009, 05:06 PM']Given the difficulty we've experienced collectively in attracting the attention of one particular well-known supplier to their unbelievably cr*p service, I'd just like to say that it's a real breath of fresh air to have Mark responding and getting involved with this sort of issue.

I appreciate that Michael (Linus27) hasn't got his strings yet, so nothing is "fixed", but I can't help but feel that this one is now more likely to have a happy ending.

Just saying ... credit where it's due.[/quote]

I hope so. The latest from GAK is estimated despatch being Wed 16th which I guess means I get them around Thu or Fri. Thats 4 to 5 days rather than the next day delivery they promised. I guess if no despatch by Wednesday then I will cancel.

Edited by Linus27

[quote name='yorks5stringer' post='676964' date='Dec 7 2009, 06:24 PM']I love the way the thread has been highjacked so we get a little bit of bass strings then some teen horror serial info at random![/quote]

It's actually a teen 'spy type' comedy effort, but yes it is rather disconcerting that this thread has been taken over by Chuck fanboys :)

[quote name='thebeat' post='676998' date='Dec 7 2009, 06:52 PM']It's actually a teen 'spy type' comedy effort, but yes it is rather disconcerting that this thread has been taken over by Chuck fanboys :)[/quote]

Er ... and they're late twenty-somethings, not teens. But it [i]is[/i] a comedy, of sorts. :ph34r:

Maybe GAK's a bit like the BuyMore. Is Mark Random actually 'Big Mike'?

Edited by skankdelvar

[quote name='skankdelvar' post='677017' date='Dec 7 2009, 07:03 PM']Er ... and they're late twenty-somethings, not teens. But it [i]is[/i] a comedy, of sorts. :ph34r:

Maybe GAK's a bit like the BuyMore. Is Mark Random actually 'Big Mike'?[/quote]

Bagsy be Chuck :)

[quote name='mark_random' post='676887' date='Dec 7 2009, 05:18 PM']Well...

THEY ARE IN STOCK! I'm not sure how I missed the delivery because I'm dying to have a go on one, but from the looks of our stock system, they arrived last week. I'll let you know for certain tomorrow when I've actually got my hands on one.[/quote]

Cool, look forward to hearing your report.

But they've been "in stock" at GAK since August, so you could've tried it several months ago. :rolleyes: :)

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='677108' date='Dec 7 2009, 08:03 PM']Cool, look forward to hearing your report.

But they've been "in stock" at GAK since August, so you could've tried it several months ago. :rolleyes: :)[/quote]

So, they are here now and...

THEY ARE AMAZING. Easily the fattest sounding, most versatile and easiest to use synth pedal I have ever tried. I've not had chance to try the USB features yet but I would assume that it open up even more sonic experimentation.

If you are interested in taking one, I suspect that I will only have these two now before Xmas, so drop me a PM and I might even be able to knock you a few quid off the web price.

M

[quote name='mark_random' post='677664' date='Dec 8 2009, 11:14 AM']If you are interested in taking one, I suspect that I will only have these two now before Xmas, so drop me a PM and I might even be able to knock you a few quid off the web price.[/quote]

Kudos to this bloke. Heads off a complaint and flogs some product into the bargain.

He's clearly a total dude and a player.

[quote name='mark_random' post='677664' date='Dec 8 2009, 11:14 AM']If you are interested in taking one, I suspect that I will only have these two now before Xmas, so drop me a PM and I might even be able to knock you a few quid off the web price.[/quote]

I don't think I'd be that popular if I was to start buying MORE synth pedals right before christmas... Nice to hear it's finally out though.

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='677883' date='Dec 8 2009, 01:58 PM']I don't think I'd be that popular if I was to start buying MORE synth pedals right before christmas... Nice to hear it's finally out though.[/quote]

Best time to do it. You'll be much more skint afterwards. And you can disguise the item as some lavender bath salts or a nice tie.

Go on, you know you want to. Can't hurt to get a price... :)

Edited by skankdelvar

[quote name='skankdelvar' post='677898' date='Dec 8 2009, 02:05 PM']Best time to do it. You'll be much more skint afterwards. And you can disguise the item as some lavender bath salts or a nice tie.

Go on, you know you want to.[/quote]

I've just had a phone call with my company about taking a bonus this christmas, so depending on the size of that, maybe.

But first priority is a double bass at the moment, I've already got synth pedals. Although I would like to give this one a proper go.

But that is a good price...

Oh dear, here we go.

Edited by thisnameistaken

[quote name='skankdelvar' post='677864' date='Dec 8 2009, 01:42 PM']Kudos to this bloke. Heads off a complaint and flogs some product into the bargain.

He's clearly a total dude and a player.[/quote]

Yeah, I thought that also. Made me even more pissed off and I think I will cancel my order this afternoon and go to Andertons.

[quote name='Linus27' post='677970' date='Dec 8 2009, 02:43 PM']Yeah, I thought that also. Made me even more pissed off and I think I will cancel my order this afternoon and go to Andertons.[/quote]

I'm sorry guys. I think I may have missed some sarcasm. As always, it's hard to tell on t'net.

No-one has been in touch with me directly about problems they are having with the website. If they had, I would have sorted it by now. As for pushing product, it was perhaps a little off-topic, but people have been querying the availability for months and this topic has brought to light the fact that a much anticipated item has now arrived.

As always, if you have queries/problems/comments/suggestions regarding the shop, mail order or the internet, drop me a PM. Getting in touch with me directly will usually sort out any problems straight away.

M

Just to say that Mark has been in touch with me and has sorted out my problem with the strings. Big thanks to Mark for stepping in and fixing the problem. Really appreciate the help.

So with that all sorted, we can now get back to talking about Season 3 of Chuck or any teen Vampire killer zombie teenage film that takes peoples fancy :)

Edited by Linus27

[quote name='mark_random' post='677997' date='Dec 8 2009, 03:02 PM']I'm sorry guys. I think I may have missed some sarcasm. As always, it's hard to tell on t'net.[/quote]

No sarcasm - genuine respect. :)

Loadsa stores incur the wrath of Basschat. Very few have the nuts or the nouse to come on here and sort it with such speed and panache. Well done, Sir.

So, anyway - Alias - much missed. "Outrigger requiring immediate extraction".

Edited by skankdelvar

[quote name='skankdelvar' post='678155' date='Dec 8 2009, 04:43 PM']So, anyway - Alias - much missed. "Outrigger requiring immediate extraction".[/quote]

I tell you what I am trying to get. Twin Peaks Box Set. However, season 1 is easy but season 2 is near on impossible.

skankdelvar - Thanks very much!

Linus27 - Glad I could help with the strings. Now on to the REALLY IMPORTANT stuff. Twin Peaks is far and away the best television series ever made and anyone who disagrees with me is just plain wrong. I may, or may not, be kidding. The best way to appreciate it is get yourself a region free DVD player and the Gold Box set. Details here:

[url="http://www.amazon.co.uk/TWIN-PEAKS-Definitive-Gold-Box/dp/B000ZBU4Y6/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1260290999&sr=8-4"]http://www.amazon.co.uk/TWIN-PEAKS-Definit...0999&sr=8-4[/url]

Either that or wait for the Blu Ray version to come out next year...

M

[quote name='mark_random' post='678174' date='Dec 8 2009, 04:59 PM']skankdelvar - Thanks very much!

Linus27 - Glad I could help with the strings. Now on to the REALLY IMPORTANT stuff. Twin Peaks is far and away the best television series ever made and anyone who disagrees with me is just plain wrong. I may, or may not, be kidding. The best way to appreciate it is get yourself a region free DVD player and the Gold Box set. Details here:

[url="http://www.amazon.co.uk/TWIN-PEAKS-Definitive-Gold-Box/dp/B000ZBU4Y6/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1260290999&sr=8-4"]http://www.amazon.co.uk/TWIN-PEAKS-Definit...0999&sr=8-4[/url]

Either that or wait for the Blu Ray version to come out next year...

M[/quote]

I saw that Gold Edition box set but the price is a bit scary. £70 is a bit steep. Season 1 can be had for about £17 but season two is about £60. Crazy prices. I don't have a Blu-Ray player yet but I am tempted as I would love Band of Brothers on Blu-Ray. Twin Peaks would be great if available on Blu-Ray also. Is it definately coming out of Blu-Ray? Oh, and I had such a crazy crush on Madchen Amick. Not seen any pictures of her recently but I probably still would have that crush :)

Edited by Linus27

[quote name='Linus27' post='678263' date='Dec 8 2009, 06:26 PM']I saw that Gold Edition box set but the price is a bit scary. £70 is a bit steep. Season 1 can be had for about £17 but season two is about £60. Crazy prices. I don't have a Blu-Ray player yet but I am tempted as I would love Band of Brothers on Blu-Ray. Twin Peaks would be great if available on Blu-Ray also. Is it definately coming out of Blu-Ray? Oh, and I had such a crazy crush on Madchen Amick. Not seen any pictures of her recently but I probably still would have that crush :)[/quote]

I would suggest that the Gold Box is definitely worth the money. A really good print of all of the episodes, two versions of the pilot and loads of exclusive extras including an hour and a half's worth of documentary. Probably my best ever DVD purchase. Having said that, the Blu Ray looks as though it is all go for next year. I'm a bit of a fan boy so I'll probably get that as well!

Also, I can confirm that Madchen Amick is still pretty foxy. Personally, I'm an Audrey man!

[quote name='mark_random' post='678269' date='Dec 8 2009, 06:34 PM']I would suggest that the Gold Box is definitely worth the money. A really good print of all of the episodes, two versions of the pilot and loads of exclusive extras including an hour and a half's worth of documentary. Probably my best ever DVD purchase. Having said that, the Blu Ray looks as though it is all go for next year. I'm a bit of a fan boy so I'll probably get that as well!

Also, I can confirm that Madchen Amick is still pretty foxy. Personally, I'm an Audrey man![/quote]

HAHA my friend really liked Sherilyn Fenn and we used to so argue who was better looking. Clearly I was right with Madchen Amick :)