Why become a member? ×

Ashdown Little Giant 1000 watts £259 New

OldGit

Ashdown Little Giant 1000 watter £259 new
One only at Navada Music [url="http://www.nevadamusic.co.uk/Guitar-Amplifiers-and-Speakers/Bass-Amps,-Combos-and-Cabinets/Bass-Amplifiers/sc1590/p7497.aspx?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=ashdown%2Blittle%20giant&utm_campaign=025%2BChristmas%202009&dm_i=635227242"]here[/url]

[quote name='Moos3h' post='674811' date='Dec 5 2009, 11:00 AM']Are these any better than the (dire...in my opinion) Superfly?

Has anyone tried them and do they actually have any real guts? The Superfly, even through a very efficient amp was just weak...[/quote]
I'm currently helping out mixing for a Band in which the Bass Player uses the 350 watt version, and it's LOUD. I was truly surprised at it's power, and he says he's saving up for the 1000 watt version, because he sometimes plays in another Band with no P.A. support, and after he tried one out at a gig, apparently it practically blew his legs off! :rolleyes:
Not exactly first-hand experience of said amp. but some indication that might prove helpful? :)

[quote name='Sibob' post='674830' date='Dec 5 2009, 11:16 AM']It's worth noting that it's not 1000watts at 4ohms, it's 1000watts at 2ohms!

Si[/quote]

Not quite - it's 2 500w amps at 4 ohms each. In practice though, you'll still need two 4 ohm cabs to get it's full power. :)

You need to drive these amps hard to get the best out if them, so a preamp of some kind is advised if you have a quiet bass. They're lighter than the Superfly, much quieter and don't overheat as bad. The shape buttons are useful and the EQ is flexible. They're also suspect on build quality, especially with the buttons, so a rack case is highly recommended. But for the money, you do get a 1000 watt head which makes a great gigging or backup amp.

[quote name='chriswilliams666' post='675195' date='Dec 5 2009, 07:15 PM']These are discontinued too, so get em while you can. They're gonna be CHEAP![/quote]

??
They're still on the Ashdown website!
Sure you're not thinking of the Superfly?

Si