Why become a member? ×

71/72 FENDER P-BASS FOR SALE

gilbass

Hi folks!

Here for sale is my 70`s p-bass, in good all round condition, not a minter but great player with awesome tone. Gonna need around £2000 to let it go, but any offers? let me know. Check the pics for details.

Edited by gilbass

[quote name='gareth' post='672528' date='Dec 2 2009, 09:41 PM']is the bass all original including the finish, guard and pups?[/quote]
The pickguard has been changed as the previous owner butchered the original to fit a musicman humbucker to the bass????
this is a new one fitted with the original 70`s p/ups.

Hate to say it dude, but if it was a minty all-original '71 P-Bass you might get that for it, but even if the non-original pickguard might not be a dealbreaker, no-one's gonna put down two grand on a P with bits hacked out of it. There are near-mint all-stock '73 Ps going for eighteen hundred. You're probably looking at closer to a grand, certainly the low side of fiteen hundred.

[quote name='Davetbass' post='672667' date='Dec 2 2009, 11:33 PM']:)[/quote] ha!!! got you all looking though! Especially the NAD from the wirral, ok folks i know the bass ain't the N.O.S
made for James Jamerson, sold on to Duck Dunn, holy grail, instrument you forum boys love to see and chat about, but never can afford?? but its a fair old p-bass thats toured the states all its life and makes all the right sounds, i know 2G,s is way too high but any of you ever been to Vintage and Rare? now they know how to over price? So lets start again, any serious offers or trades considered, i'm just a player trying to move on some basses that don't get played enough, so lets keep it friendly and less of the JOGG ONN! its not a football forum.

[quote name='gilbass' post='672706' date='Dec 3 2009, 12:18 AM']ha!!! got you all looking though! Especially the NAD from the wirral, ok folks i know the bass ain't the N.O.S
made for James Jamerson, sold on to Duck Dunn, holy grail, instrument you forum boys love to see and chat about, but never can afford?? but its a fair old p-bass thats toured the states all its life and makes all the right sounds, i know 2G,s is way too high but any of you ever been to Vintage and Rare? now they know how to over price? So lets start again, any serious offers or trades considered, i'm just a player trying to move on some basses that don't get played enough, so lets keep it friendly and less of the JOGG ONN! its not a football forum.[/quote]

If you wanna keep it friendly be straight about what you're selling

[quote name='maxrossell' post='672666' date='Dec 2 2009, 11:30 PM']There are near-mint all-stock '73 Ps going for eighteen hundred.[/quote]

[quote name='gilbass' post='672706' date='Dec 3 2009, 12:18 AM']i know 2G,s is way too high but any of you ever been to Vintage and Rare? now they know how to over price?[/quote]

The one I'm talking about is actually a V&R deal. Again, no offence intended.

[quote name='maxrossell' post='672721' date='Dec 3 2009, 12:33 AM']The one I'm talking about is actually a V&R deal. Again, no offence intended.[/quote]
No offence taking guy's, as far as being straight, once again ANY SERIOUS OFFER!!! and i'll send any pics of any mods or any scuffs or any issue's, there is nothing to hide...

[quote name='BB2000' post='673134' date='Dec 3 2009, 01:21 PM']I'll offer £350, as I'm in a particularly generous mood today![/quote]
I might consider that mate? i'll throw in a 5 watt pratice amp from aldi's, and a set of headphones so you don`t bother your folks, while playing in your room? Scottish bassists eh! we're some bunch.

Again guys, and for the billionth time this year, how about keeping price suggestions to PM's.
Vintage prices are subjective and a bass will sell for whatever anyone wants to pay for it, if it's too high, no-one will buy and the seller will ask questions of it.

Conversely, I'd suggest to Gilbass to outline and picture any significant mod work done to the bass to increase your chances of serious buyers not backing out etc. You're pricing it as a 'vintage' instrument, and as such, these 'details' will affect people's interest in buying it.

Si

But surely the seller will have a price in mind, and as a buyer we all ask that question first. If its in the open, it avoids a Dutch auction and anyway, then it will be up to the potential buyer if they are interested to pursue it or not. The seller will just have to reply to many PM's rather than only those from interested parties.

[quote name='supabock' post='673262' date='Dec 3 2009, 03:10 PM']But surely the seller will have a price in mind, and as a buyer we all ask that question first. If its in the open, it avoids a Dutch auction and anyway, then it will be up to the potential buyer if they are interested to pursue it or not. The seller will just have to reply to many PM's rather than only those from interested parties.[/quote]
The seller stated he wanted 2K... if you want to make an offer, make an offer via PM.

Chatting about it on the thread ain't the BC way.

i really like this bass, seen loads like it but can never get rid of that feeling in the spine when you see a nice old P, but then it goes when you realise what its worth and you have £3 in your pocket and thats for lunch...

Edited by aznbass

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='673279' date='Dec 3 2009, 03:26 PM']The seller stated he wanted 2K... if you want to make an offer, make an offer via PM.

Chatting about it on the thread ain't the BC way.[/quote]

Quite right, read it that the seller should remain silent about the price....Sorry

In my humble opinion looking 2K for that bass maybe is a very optimistic amount but besides all why can we have a more respectful forum? It's not so hard pass over a thread without letting our attitude day by day. No interest = No comments or no injury at least, the most part of us we're not teenager.

[quote name='BB2000' post='673458' date='Dec 3 2009, 05:42 PM']Good heavens Sibob and WoT, have te pair of you had a recent humour bypass?[/quote]
Nope - my wife thinks I'm hilarious and is always laughing at me.

I was merely responding to supabock's question. That's all.