Why become a member? ×

Mesa Engineering 2x10 cab

Snarf

Hi all,

Back up for sale is my 2x10 Mesa cab. Price reduced as I need to shift it.

600 watts, silver grille. It's a great little cab that churns out some serious volume. It's served me well over the past 3 odd years... I've not played that many gigs since I've owned it, but every gig I've played it's sounded great onstage with a lot of presence.

It's in good condition, although there is scuffing on the corner protectors and a bit of wear on the handles (see last picture).

[b]Sold[/b]

Edited by Snarf

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How does this 4 Ohm or 8 Ohm thing work?

I'm confused (as usual), I thought a cab / speaker had a fixed input impedance; I don't see a 4 / 8 Ohm selection switch on the back panel, just 8 Ohm i/p. I know it's something to do with wiring the speakers in series or parallel, I just can't see how this works...... :).

I'm tempted, this could replace the 2 Ashdown Mini 15" I have up for Swap / Trade. But the weight.....Ohhhh, although - I suppose that's what lead guitarists are for :lol:.

Is it on casters?

Oggy :rolleyes:

I really would like to know about the 4 / 8 Ohm thing.

[quote name='Oggy' post='757346' date='Feb 25 2010, 05:38 PM']How does this 4 Ohm or 8 Ohm thing work?

I really would like to know about the 4 / 8 Ohm thing.[/quote]

The spec on the ad is taken from the manufactures website and what they are saying is that this can is available to buy as a 4 Ohm OR as an 8 Ohm.

No switching available

Cheers Fin! :lol:

[quote name='Oggy' post='757346' date='Feb 25 2010, 05:38 PM']How does this 4 Ohm or 8 Ohm thing work?

I'm confused (as usual), I thought a cab / speaker had a fixed input impedance; I don't see a 4 / 8 Ohm selection switch on the back panel, just 8 Ohm i/p. I know it's something to do with wiring the speakers in series or parallel, I just can't see how this works...... :).

I'm tempted, this could replace the 2 Ashdown Mini 15" I have up for Swap / Trade. But the weight.....Ohhhh, although - I suppose that's what lead guitarists are for :lol:.

Is it on casters?

Oggy :lol:

I really would like to know about the 4 / 8 Ohm thing.[/quote]

Oops, sorry, I'll amend my original post - it's what Platypus and Beedster said, it's an 8ohm cab. Get that lead guitarist using those muscles, there are no casters on this beastie.

Psychoandy, it weighs 31.3kg according to the mesa site... It's pretty heavy but it's quite easy to carry about. I can get it in the back of my crappy little coupe quite easily.

Bassvid75, sorry, no trades... one of the suspension coils on my car's just snapped and another needs replacing :lol: £90 a piece, thanks BMW. :rolleyes: