Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

SOLD Matamp 2x12 SOLD

tayste_2000

Ok, right, this is going to sound really stupid or possibly really clever as there is maths involved.

I have the first Matamp bass 2x12 made about 2 months ago and it is stunning, loud, small, lightweight etc etc. Only issue is it's black and all my other Matamp cabs are red> Having swapped a preamp valve over in my 400+ I think I'll be keeping it and getting a headcase similar to Ashevan09 one. Which leaves the dilemma, if you have 1 cab that is black and 2 cabs that are red what colour do you get a headcase for a 400+ in?????

So these cost £350 new, it will cost me around £100 to have it recovered but seems a shame to waste all this perfectly good tolex so I'm willing to let it go for £250 so that someone can get a great cab and I can get another great cab in a different colour :) see that was the maths. I'm not willing to go below this price as anything over £100 quid loss on the cab I might as well get it recovered.

I'll post the dimensions later but its a 600w 2x12, now because I have lots of vintage amps I got this so it was switchable between 16ohms and 4ohms. I've always felt the sound is very much what you get in you get out, if you put a 100w vintage tube amp through it while playing a bass with flats you get a huge thumpy sound from it, but dial in the clarity on your bass and you can get beautiful even high end.

To me this is the best small cab I've ever used.

Also this means I can wrap up the new one and pretend someone loves me on Christmas morning

So to be clear £250 no offers, no trades and collection only

Based near Manchester

Edited by tayste_2000

[quote name='uzzell' post='668110' date='Nov 28 2009, 11:20 AM'][b]Pictures!! [/b][u][/u] :)

EDIT: Where does everyone seem to be getting the Matamp stuff from? I may just be very stupid but I can seem to find any relevant bass equipment on the website.

Am I just being rubbish?[/quote]

You have to phone them up and ask for it. They know guitarists need to be told what they want.

Ok Cab has left the building but we managed to get measurements before it left.

30kgs
h74cm x w56cm x d37cm

How this includes the skids on the bottom and the handles on the side which are partly recessed but curved so stick out a tiny bit.

I've now ordered my new red one hopefully be ready for Saturday when I'll get my red headcase made as well.

Cheers guys

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='668928' date='Nov 29 2009, 09:42 AM']Ok Cab has left the building but we managed to get measurements before it left.

30kgs
h74cm x w56cm x d37cm

How this includes the skids on the bottom and the handles on the side which are partly recessed but curved so stick out a tiny bit.

I've now ordered my new red one hopefully be ready for Saturday when I'll get my red headcase made as well.

Cheers guys[/quote]

Think i might as well do as you suggested, and just order from the factory, so i can get something to my exact spec anyway :) IF i ordered on Monday, you reckon they could get it done and delivered by the 10th?

I went to the Matamp factory this afternoon. Jeff said mine will be ready either Thursday or Friday and I'm picking it up on Sunday, so you'll probably see mine Ste when you go. Butler, Jeff mentioned about building 4 or 5 2x12's as they're getting pretty popular and wanted one for the amp room.

[quote name='umcoo' post='669396' date='Nov 29 2009, 07:51 PM']I went to the Matamp factory this afternoon. Jeff said mine will be ready either Thursday or Friday and I'm picking it up on Sunday, so you'll probably see mine Ste when you go. Butler, Jeff mentioned about building 4 or 5 2x12's as they're getting pretty popular and wanted one for the amp room.[/quote]

I'm going to phone him tomorrow.

There was a GT200 on the bench, not in a case though. It had the standard black fascia though. There was also a chassis with a couple of transformers in it, but nothing else. Maybe that's it?

Either way, they both looked absolutely erection-worthy :)

FYI TheButler spoken to Jeff about my cab and mentioned that you will be calling, try and do it asap because he's ordering the speakers soon for mine and Umcoo's.

Also just specify to him exactly what you are after sound wise as I have the Standard model and Monz has a tweaked version.

Cheers

Edited by tayste_2000

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='669898' date='Nov 30 2009, 12:23 PM']FYI TheButler spoken to Jeff about my cab and mentioned that you will be calling, try and do it asap because he's ordering the speakers soon for mine and Umcoo's.

Also just specify to him exactly what you are after sound wise as I have the Standard model and Monz has a tweaked version.

Cheers[/quote]

I don't reckon he'll be able top do one before the 10th, so i might have to leave it for now :)

Yeah well longer you leave it less chance of getting it done for the 10th :)

They are there late most nights.

I'm so excited about mine, just umming and ahhhing over the speaker corners as the grill on this new one is black cloth but my others are stainless steel and therefore have nickel corners but this one I was thinking black and have the headcase match, but then is the headcase going to look stupid ontop of the 8x10 or 4x10 with nickel corners, when it had black ones?????

Terrible I know

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='670151' date='Nov 30 2009, 04:48 PM']Yeah well longer you leave it less chance of getting it done for the 10th :rolleyes:

They are there late most nights.

I'm so excited about mine, just umming and ahhhing over the speaker corners as the grill on this new one is black cloth but my others are stainless steel and therefore have nickel corners but this one I was thinking black and have the headcase match, but then is the headcase going to look stupid ontop of the 8x10 or 4x10 with nickel corners, when it had black ones?????

Terrible I know[/quote]

Life's a bitch, eh? :)