Why become a member? ×

Why is it

soopercrip

I have a few nice basses, a 'ray, an overwater perception which I love, a USA jazz deluxe, and a homemade 5,
but every time I sit down to practice I automatically pick up the 'ray without thinking about it.
They all have their own character and I enjoy them all.
yet every time I turn on the amp I'm holding it again.
Anyone else have an favorite they don't realise?

Andy

[quote name='soopercrip' post='668005' date='Nov 28 2009, 09:21 AM']I have a few nice basses, a 'ray, an overwater perception which I love, a USA jazz deluxe, and a homemade 5,
but every time I sit down to practice I automatically pick up the 'ray without thinking about it.
They all have their own character and I enjoy them all.
yet every time I turn on the amp I'm holding it again.
Anyone else have an favorite they don't realise?

Andy[/quote]

I know exactly what you mean, I have a couple of fairly nice basses, but when I was at home, everytime I sat down to practise, I found myself holding the piece o' crap peavey that I've had the longest! I think it's just whatever you get most comfortable on. Funny innit! :)

[quote name='BottomEndian' post='668056' date='Nov 28 2009, 10:15 AM']That wouldn't be mine, would it?[/quote]

He threw the wads of cash on the floor as he quffed, snorted and laughed so hard his top hat went slanted and his monacle fell from his eye whilst shouting "pick up my pocket change you pauper!".
His friends from the hunting and polo club all pointed at me and joined in the abuse. "a man with out the finest silks, glutenist feasts and a hagard wench on his arm is not a man in my eyes" they taunted. "a land owner he is not, thereofre i shall take as a please and return nothing" another added. A dark December day that'll hang heavey in my heart for ever more.
However the peasant revolt is nigh......

so i suppose yes is what i am getting at.

[quote name='William James Easton' post='668089' date='Nov 28 2009, 10:55 AM']He threw the wads of cash on the floor as he quffed, snorted and laughed so hard his top hat went slanted and his monacle fell from his eye whilst shouting "pick up my pocket change you pauper!".
His friends from the hunting and polo club all pointed at me and joined in the abuse. "a man with out the finest silks, glutenist feasts and a hagard wench on his arm is not a man in my eyes" they taunted. "a land owner he is not, thereofre i shall take as a please and return nothing" another added. A dark December day that'll hang heavey in my heart for ever more.
However the peasant revolt is nigh......

so i suppose yes is what i am getting at.[/quote]

there are certain posts that make my day, and will remain timeless classics, one for the quote board methinks! :)