Why become a member? ×

SOLD

warwickhunt

Another of my failed, ill conceived excursions into getting something that is half the weight of what I already own but with the same/better quality of tone... possibly not the best sales line ever! :) :lol:

In all fairness this will blow someone away but it's just not my cup of tea.

I'd rather do a trade for something interesting but of course I'll take an offer of cash, just PM me.

I'd possibly be interested in a nice lightweight bass (nothing over 9lb) and for the right instrument I could put cash forward. I'd also be interested in an amp or cab(s) but they are going to have to offer something that my TF/Aggie rig doesn't already have; i.e. lighter weight, superior specs. Whatever I take as trade I've got to stand a fighting chance of turning it back around on here without hemorrhaging value... because you just know I'm not gonna keep it. :rolleyes:

Edited by warwickhunt

Ooops! Forgot to put the specs.

Model: Puma Combo 212
Configuration: 2 x 12” TecAmp LE12-65 4 ohms
Preamp: solid state preamp with gain, taste, lo, lomid, himid, hi, master controls, switchable mute, DI pre/post, XLR balanced DI out, 1 x effects loop, tuner out, line out, line in
Power Amp: Class D amplifier (oddly enough the sticker on the back of the amp section says 'Class A/B'), 320 w; 500 w / 4 ohms
Power supply: switching power supply
Cooling: high quality temperature controlled fan
Tweeter: 1 x NTM-1 hi-mid speaker with double Neodym magnet system 4” cone
Freq. Response: 32-18.000 Hz
Dimensions (W x H x D): 44 x 75 x 41 cm; 17” x 29,5” x 16”
Weight: 21,5 kg / 47,5 lbs

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='661676' date='Nov 22 2009, 12:05 PM'].... excursions into getting something that is half the weight of what I already own but with the same/better quality of tone...[/quote]
Could a trolley sort out the weight and transport issues?

My GS112 cabs sounded great (I still miss the Aguilar sound) but they were just too heavy for me and a “one handed lift”. I changed them for the Bergantino cabs and couldn’t be happier.

[quote name='chris_b' post='661693' date='Nov 22 2009, 12:18 PM']Could a trolley sort out the weight and transport issues?

My GS112 cabs sounded great (I still miss the Aguilar sound) but they were just too heavy for me and a “one handed lift”. I changed them for the Bergantino cabs and couldn’t be happier.[/quote]

Tbh Chris, you're probably right!

It's just that I transport gear to gigs in my estate car and with everything that I already carry; x2 Aggies, TF, Pedalboard, Gramma Pad, Bag of leads, Guitar stands, x1 bass guitar PLUS 75% of our bands PA inc' x2 RCF mid/tops, Flightcased Mixing desk, Flightcased effects, BIG bag of leads and assorted bits, box containing x2 iColors lights and associated controllers and cables... carrying a trolley just adds to the bulk. However, as you say carrying a trolley might be one more thing but it would make moving stuff easier. I think I'll look again into what's available and how small they can fold down. :)

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='661705' date='Nov 22 2009, 12:30 PM']Tbh Chris, you're probably right!

It's just that I transport gear to gigs in my estate car and with everything that I already carry; x2 Aggies, TF, Pedalboard, Gramma Pad, Bag of leads, Guitar stands, x1 bass guitar PLUS 75% of our bands PA inc' x2 RCF mid/tops, Flightcased Mixing desk, Flightcased effects, BIG bag of leads and assorted bits, box containing x2 iColors lights and associated controllers and cables... carrying a trolley just adds to the bulk. However, as you say carrying a trolley might be one more thing but it would make moving stuff easier. I think I'll look again into what's available and how small they can fold down. :)[/quote]

That is a LOT of PA and equipment to carry in one car.

I feel quite lucky now to normally just take a 1 bass in case, bag of leads/sansamp etc, and normally LM3 in amp bag.

[quote name='Musicman20' post='661711' date='Nov 22 2009, 12:36 PM']That is a LOT of PA and equipment to carry in one car.

I feel quite lucky now to normally just take a 1 bass in case, bag of leads/sansamp etc, and normally LM3 in amp bag.[/quote]

The drummer has his kit (inc' drum trigger sequencer gubbins) + the RCF bass bin which just about fills his Passat Est whilst the poor singer/guitarist just has a Corsa and fills that (with seats down) with his amp, pedals, guitars etc. as well as the remaining PA inc' stands, monitor and backdrop etc. Seems like a ridiculous amount of gear at times but we have a lot less than some bands. My other band has loads more lights, smoke, monitors etc. but luckily it all miraculously turns up to gigs in a big van and I just turn up with my bass gear! :)

[quote name='Lew-Bass' post='661722' date='Nov 22 2009, 12:50 PM']How about a trade for the 210 combo? It's a Kg lighter :lol:[/quote]

Nice try. :)

The thing with the 2x12 is that aside from the fact that it is only 1kg heavier, it actually comes equipped with its own built in 'tilt-and-roll' caster system... not sure that the 210 has that! Saying that; at this weight the 2x12 combo inc 500w amp weighs the same as ONE of my Aggie 1x12 cabs and is an easy one handed lift by either the top handle or one of the side recessed handles. :rolleyes:

hi. I have the 2x10 s210 4 ohm cab if you were interested with cash your way. I also have although it's a definite maybe, a tc rebelhead 450 plus maybe cash my way? probs worth speaking to you bud or if it's not gone by the time the north east bass fest is here I could bring them along there.

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='661731' date='Nov 22 2009, 12:56 PM']Nice try. :)

The thing with the 2x12 is that aside from the fact that it is only 1kg heavier, it actually comes equipped with its own built in 'tilt-and-roll' caster system... not sure that the 210 has that! Saying that; at this weight the 2x12 combo inc 500w amp weighs the same as ONE of my Aggie 1x12 cabs and is an easy one handed lift by either the top handle or one of the side recessed handles. :rolleyes:[/quote]

The 210 also has the tilt and roll system mate, it's very useful isn't it! The specs are literally the same AFAIK, apart from weight, and also the speaker frequencies are bound to be slightly different