Why become a member? ×

Musicman Stingray 4HH LE 2008 TRADE FOR WARWICK?

The GroovyPlucker

Just a feeler, if you're interested pm me, Ltd edition Sequia Gold, Beautiful Case, Lizard Skin,

More pics added, also showing a couple of knocks at the top of the headstock.

IF NO TRADE IS FORTHCOMING IT'L BE UP FOR SALE, IN THE REGION OF £1000, Bass Central has the list price of $2600

[url="http://www.basscentral.com/musicman/LTD2008.shtml"]http://www.basscentral.com/musicman/LTD2008.shtml[/url]

Cheers

The GroovyPlucker
[attachment=36566:P1010089.JPG][attachment=36565:P1010081.JPG][attachment=36564:P1010083.JPG][attach
ment=36438:rotate.jpg]

Edited by The GroovyPlucker

Ha, so do I! It's a cracking Bass, but have just fallen in lurve with my Corvette Double Buck 5 String, so looking a 4 string Warwick.
Just an additional pointer to anyone considering trade, I'm based in Northern Ireland, and have recently traded a bass with another user, via the post, you can check the details out in the feedback section, again just to put any potential traders minds at rest, unless of course the potential trader resides in Norn Iron.

Cheers

The GroovyPlucker

[quote name='Chipps' post='657098' date='Nov 17 2009, 03:30 PM']Wow, that's a very sparkly finish isn't it...

I've not played a MM - how does it compare to a Warwick neck then?[/quote]

Hi,

It's probably not as sparkly as the pics suggests, the flash just excentuates it, it looks more matt when you're on stage.
The MM.s neck is wider, but about the same depth. I have small hands, but can cope with it ok. The main difference is that the MM is heavier, body wise especially, but not uncomfortably so, just noticibly so. Apart from that there's very little between em. The main diference I find is the MM is more meaty, in a slightly precision way, and the Warwick is more woody and sharp, not sure if that's an accurate description, but it's how I view them,

Cheers

The GroovyPlucker

[quote name='The GroovyPlucker' post='657269' date='Nov 17 2009, 05:58 PM']True!![/quote]

Why are you doing this to me, I had a warwick and sold it! "I dont this Pressure On"

[quote name='Chipps' post='657308' date='Nov 17 2009, 06:36 PM']Surely such a weighty bass would make you rather [i]muscle bound?[/i] especially if you're [i]highly strung[/i]

Ahh, this could run and run - unless you [i]cut a long story short[/i] and get it swapped out soon...[/quote]
This [i]communication[/i] is getting me down.....

[quote name='the hand of john curley' post='657574' date='Nov 17 2009, 10:35 PM']Just to put my two penneth worth in!!

I traded my $$ 5 string with Mr Plucker for his LE2008 HH Sterling which I love to bits! I can confirm that he is a top bloke to deal with and would recommend without hesitation.

Cheers!!

Matt[/quote]

Hi,

Thanks for that Matt, was meaning to get back to you, am loving the 5 string, hence the overwhelming desire for another Warwick, how are you getting on with the Sterling,

Cheers

The GroovyPlucker

[quote name='The GroovyPlucker' post='657649' date='Nov 17 2009, 11:28 PM']Hi,

Thanks for that Matt, was meaning to get back to you, am loving the 5 string, hence the overwhelming desire for another Warwick, how are you getting on with the Sterling,

Cheers

The GroovyPlucker[/quote]

No worries - Absolutely loving it!! Glad you like the $$ - tis indeed a splendid bass. Believe me if i had the money I'd have the ray off you tomorrow!!!....hmmm.....wonder what I could get for 3 year old identical Twins on Ebay???!!!

Take it easy

Matt

[quote name='the hand of john curley' post='658392' date='Nov 18 2009, 06:33 PM']No worries - Absolutely loving it!! Glad you like the $$ - tis indeed a splendid bass. Believe me if i had the money I'd have the ray off you tomorrow!!!....hmmm.....wonder what I could get for 3 year old identical Twins on Ebay???!!!

Take it easy

Matt[/quote]

Hi,

Probably 3 years, two suspended if you're good, lol.
I'm up for a sale also, but would need the £900 I paid for it, or somewhere pretty close, let me know if you're interested, unless you've another Bass to trade ot part ex,

Cheers

The GroovyPlucker

[quote name='The GroovyPlucker' post='655499' date='Nov 15 2009, 10:27 PM']Just a feeler, if you're interested pm me, Ltd edition Sequia Gold, Beautiful Case, Lizard Skin,

More pics added, also showing a couple of knocks at the top of the headstock.

IF NO TRADE IS FORTHCOMING IT'L BE UP FOR SALE, IN THE REGION OF £1000, Bass Central has the list price of $2600

[url="http://www.basscentral.com/musicman/LTD2008.shtml"]http://www.basscentral.com/musicman/LTD2008.shtml[/url]

Cheers

The GroovyPlucker
[attachment=36566:P1010089.JPG][attachment=36565:P1010081.JPG][attachment=36564:P1010083.JPG][attach
ment=36438:rotate.jpg][/quote]