Why become a member? ×

Alembic Rogue 5 - NOW SOLD

molan

So here's a a seriously nice Alembic Rogue 5 string. It really is quite a spectacular bass but I'm not playing it enough to justify keeping it - and this particular one genuinely is a 'player's' bass. It was originally commissioned on Oct 16th '99 and has obviously been used as a genuine gigging bass & shows some signs of wear - nothing nasty just good 'old school' player wear which I always thought added some decent mojo to an already lovely piece of workmanship :)

It's a great way to get an introduction to the higher end Alembic neck through basses and has the very desirable factory upgrade of the Signature electronics package as well (whilst retaining the original Rogue treble & bass boost/cut flick switches!).

Playability is great, neck is perfect & truss rods are all working Ok. Electronics are all glitch and crackle free. Hardware is showing some age & use but all working perfectly as well - let's face it, Alembic build quality is second to none and totally built to last forever!

The top is wenge with a natural satin polyurethane finish over a mahogany body and the accents are maple. Neck is also maple with a 35" scale & the fingerboard is a beautiful ebony with classic Alembic pearloid ovals

The Signature electronics add an amazing array of flexibility & a huge range of sounds - coupled with the Rogue options this really is a Signature+ tonal option. if you've never tried an Alembic with the flexible Q options then it's really a whole new world!

Current US price on one of these would be $8,300 and the electronics plus a wenge top must have added close to another $1,000 to this. That's about £5,500 worth of bass. . .

The Rogue is about $500 below a Signature Standard but with the electronics upgrade it would actually come out more expensive than one of these. I've seen some Signature Standards selling for £3,500+ in the UK

Comes with the original custom fit G&G case.

More than happy to ship anywhere in the world really :rolleyes:

I'll consider trades for either something that's relatively easy to sell like a USA Fender or Musicman or something interesting (which would have to be a 5 string). Would also think about another higher end Alembic like a Signature Deluxe.

Ok - time for some pics!

Edited by molan

[quote name='MB1' post='654063' date='Nov 13 2009, 09:51 PM']MB1. :rolleyes:
...A Lovable Rogue!..Sorry!.... i'll Get me Coat! :lol:[/quote]

Ha ha. . .

Mind you, at least I have consistently, and correctly, called it a Rogue - I've seen more than one of these up for sale in the past as a Rouge.

Conjures up a very different image :)

Just a quick note to say that this may head to the Bay pretty quickly.

All the interest I've had so far has been from mainland Europe - good old strength of Euro vs the £ obviously having an effect!

With this in mind I may get more for it by opening up to a wider audience via EBay Europe & tomorrow is a free listing day :)

[quote name='lozbass' post='655023' date='Nov 15 2009, 10:15 AM']A bump and a note - if anybody is seriously considering jumping on this bass before it gets ebayed, I can recommend the signature electronics without reservation: the range of tones and immense transparent power is staggering[/quote]

If you want it Loz, I can help fund it for you by taking that Celinder P-bass off your hands ...

:)

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='655054' date='Nov 15 2009, 10:51 AM']If you want it Loz, I can help fund it for you by taking that Celinder P-bass off your hands ...

:)[/quote]
A very kind offer! I haven't even received the Celinder yet though. The Alembic is gorgeous but it's far too big for me - I can only cope with the tidgy four-stringers

[quote name='lozbass' post='655098' date='Nov 15 2009, 11:58 AM']A very kind offer! I haven't even received the Celinder yet though. The Alembic is gorgeous but it's far too big for me - I can only cope with the tidgy four-stringers[/quote]

Scale length is about 3" too long for you as well Lawrence :)

Hello neighbor!

Hope all is well.

That's a lovely bass! any chance I can come around and give it a play? Jakebass has got one and after have heard his I got seriously interested in getting one.

You around this weekend?

Cheers!

Carl

PS. Done a deal with Space and Time....do you know them?

Edited by carlosfandango

[quote name='carlosfandango' post='663465' date='Nov 24 2009, 09:10 AM']Hello neighbor!

Hope all is well.

That's a lovely bass! any chance I can come around and give it a play? Jakebass has got one and after have heard his I got seriously interested in getting one.

You around this weekend?

Cheers!

Carl

PS. Done a deal with Space and Time....do you know them?[/quote]

Hi Carl,

Yep, should around over the weekend - zap me a PM to arrange :)

Vaguely aware of S&T - based somewhere out of town I think?

[quote name='carlosfandango' post='663465' date='Nov 24 2009, 09:10 AM']Hello neighbor!

Hope all is well.

You around this weekend?

Cheers!

Carl

PS. Done a deal with Space and Time....do you know them?[/quote]
He He He

Alembic creep...