Why become a member? ×

New Pedal for xmas

soopercrip

[quote name='billphreets' post='654246' date='Nov 14 2009, 09:11 AM']i didnt actually get on with the lomenzo, i was switching it on and off to find a balanced sound when engaged and the thing went kaputt!! brand new!! i took it back to the local music from whence it came, not really a happy camper, that kinda put me off...[/quote]

Second one I've come across with a bust switch. Easy fix though.

[quote name='steve-soar' post='654675' date='Nov 14 2009, 05:41 PM']What kind of tone are you looking for?[/quote]

Hi Steve
I used to have a bass pod xt (the bean shaped one) but only used the distortion on it.
I let that go to Cetera a couple of months ago as it was too complex for a relative novice like me
so just looking for a rock distortion sound and maybe build up from there.
Like I said, a bit of a virgin where pedals are concerned mate.
Some of alternatives suggested so far are a bit more than I'd like her to pay, where the Ashdown is only £57 plus delivery
Andy

Hi there.

New here but been playing for 16 years. Used many od/dist pedals in the past so I'll name a couple of my favourites.

Cheap and effective is the Digitech x-series bass driver, if you're not a total tone snob this is a very versatile and good sounding bass overdrive.

I've recently bought a Bass Big muff and love it!! so +1 on that!! Its Brilliant!

[quote name='septicrat' post='660048' date='Nov 20 2009, 12:24 PM']Cheap and effective is the Digitech x-series bass driver, if you're not a total tone snob this is a very versatile and good sounding bass overdrive.

I've recently bought a Bass Big muff and love it!! so +1 on that!! Its Brilliant![/quote]

+1 on all of the above, I found that the Digitech pedal was quite similar to an ODB-3 but with a bit more tonal range. The Big Muff is a fantastic pedal for certain moments too but by no means something I could use regularly! Brilliant for an all-out fuzz fest - add a wah and become Cliff Burton incarnate!