Why become a member? ×

I decided against joining a band on guitar recently, and I bought this guitar for that, so thinking of moving it on!

Has been played loads, has a load of buckle rash on the back, and some general marks all over, but it really does play great and can handle any tuning you want to throw at it.

The gloss SG Specials are around £799 new now without a hard case (they come with a gig bag), I am after half of that - £399 (with the hiscox case), plus postage although collection is preferred.

No trades now.

NOW £375!!

Even lower at £350!

NOW £325!!!

Edited by thedontcarebear

[quote name='thedontcarebear' post='650627' date='Nov 10 2009, 01:45 PM']I decided against joining a band on guitar recently, and I bought this guitar for that, so thinking of moving it on!

Has been played loads, has a load of buckle rash on the back, and some general marks all over, but it really does play great and can handle any tuning you want to throw at it.

The gloss SG Specials are around £799 new now without a hard case (they come with a gig bag), I am after half of that - £399 (with the hiscox case), plus postage although collection is preferred.

Pictures to follow, no offers unless a trade for a nice bass (no stupid trade offers).[/quote]

hows about a trade for one of these? [url="http://www.zzounds.com/item--SCESTS8"]http://www.zzounds.com/item--SCESTS8[/url]

Sorry about the poor light, it's dark outside obviously, so no natural light pictures, maybe at the weekend! Flash is shining quite a bit, but as I said, no natural light!

When I got it, I stripped the hardware off, and cleaned it, and put some fresh strings on it that have only had a few hours use.

hello. i'm quite interested in this.

got a few questions if i may - how old (roughly) is it?
also, what condition are the frets and pots in?

ta

oh, also, i may be new here, but there's a few regulars here who can vouch for me (one of em sent me the link)

[quote name='Statick' post='670505' date='Nov 30 2009, 10:10 PM']hello. i'm quite interested in this.

ta

oh, also, i may be new here, but there's a few regulars here who can vouch for me (one of em sent me the link)[/quote]

Oi, this place ain't for the likes of you.

[quote name='Statick' post='670505' date='Nov 30 2009, 10:10 PM']hello. i'm quite interested in this.

ta

oh, also, i may be new here, but there's a few regulars here who can vouch for me (one of em sent me the link)[/quote]
[size=3]P[/size]leased of you to find your way over here!

[size=3]R[/size]eally would love this but no money and only a Pedulla to trade. (And i would want money on that of course!)

[quote name='Shockwave' post='670572' date='Nov 30 2009, 11:21 PM'][size=3]P[/size]leased of you to find your way over here!

[size=3]R[/size]eally would love this but no money and only a Pedulla to trade. (And i would want money on that of course!)[/quote]

[size=3]I[/size] know Statick fairly well.

[size=3]C[/size]ant fault the guy.

[size=3]K[/size]ing among men.

From a serial number checker: -

Guitar Info
Your guitar was made at the
Nashville Plant, TN, USA
January 28th, 2005
Production Number: 270

And the frets are in good shape.

This SG looks a lot like an SG I sold a while back to a bloke who I think came from North West London. The "SG" truss rod cover isn't standard to this model - I put one on mine from an Gibson Faded SG that I had and I think I recognise the wear around the control cavity.

Either way, I sold mine for a lot more than the asking price here so have a bump on me.

Edited by WHUFC BASS