Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Pair of Yamaha BEX-4 Basses

benebass

Hi - I'm having a clearout at the mo so I've decided to move on my pair of Yamaha BEX-4 basses.

If you're not familiar with them, they are 34" scale single cutaway semis (with a Gibson-style central block) & the electrics are a combination of magnetic soapbar + piezo pickups with an active 3 band EQ, giving you a pretty broad scope tone-wise. Controls on the body are volume & magnetic/piezo mix, with the EQ on the top like you'd find on an electro-acoustic guitar.

Orange one now sold...

The second one is in blueburst & needs a bit of work. It was defretted a while ago, but it's since had a refret (both jobs by a professional bass tech). It plays fine (out of the two it's my favourite to play as the neck's a bit thinner & the body's lighter), but there's an occasional problem with the electrics - the pickup blend occasionally cuts out, but comes back with a wiggle of the pot. Probably nothing too major if you're handy with a soldering iron - I'm not though!

It's currently strung with old roundwound strings, but I'll throw in a set of D'Addario Chromes (40-100 - cut to fit) with this one. I don't have a case for it.

I'm looking for [color="#0000FF"][b]£125 posted[/b][/color] on this one.

[attachment=36007:IMGP1110.JPG] [attachment=36008:IMGP1109.JPG] [attachment=36009:IMGP1126.JPG]

More info: -

[url="http://www.yamaha.com/guitars/products/productdetail/0,,CNTID%25253D60047%252526CNTYP%25253DPRODUCT,00.html"]Yamaha Spec[/url]

[url="http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Electric+Bass/product/Yamaha/BEX4/10/1"]Harmony Central Reviews[/url]

Give me a shout if you want any more pics or info...

Cheers,

B.

[s]The first one is a Gretsch-style flamed Orange finish. It has a really comfy action - it had a pro set up when I bought it & it's currently strung with Thomastik Flats, giving it a warm rootsy tone.

There are a couple of dings on the back & the edge of the rosewood bridge snapped off between the E & A strings. It's been glued back on & the break is purely cosmetic - it doesn't cause any issues as under the rosewood there's a metal frame that the strings are anchored into & it isn't visible from the front unless you're really close up (see pics).

I have a hard case for this so it can be posted. I'll throw in a spare set of Thomastik flats (cut to fit the bass) too.

I'm after [color="#0000FF"][b]£200 posted[/b][/color] for this one.[/s]

[attachment=36004:IMGP1112.JPG] [attachment=36005:IMGP1128.JPG] [attachment=36006:IMGP1129.JPG]

Edited by benebass

Edited to amend price/postage info

By the way, recently changed my user name - my feedback thread for my old user name is [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=38210"]here[/url].

Cheers,

B.

Edited by benebass

[quote name='andy67' post='653470' date='Nov 13 2009, 11:01 AM']Far too cheap for these!

Great basses and a bargain for who ever gets them!

I'd love the blue one.

good luck

andy[/quote]

Cheers Andy!

Had more interest in the blue one so far actually, but after spending ages last night with a mountain of cardboard & bubble wrap I can't find a way to package it without a case that I'm happy with (wanted to keep the case for the orange one as it doesn't need any work). The BEX-4 is just too wide for all the gigbags I've tried too, so it'll have to be a face to face deal on that one. I'm based up north in Newcastle upon Tyne.

B.

[quote name='benebass' post='670481' date='Nov 30 2009, 09:46 PM']Think the price is about right on them myself - what do you think?

Cheers,

B.[/quote]

your prices are fantastic and way below market value!

makes me cry evertime I visit this thread because I want the blue one but have no money to spare....... :)

best of luck

andy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...