Why become a member? ×

Bass Center London

jdiddleymspot

Hi,

Has anyone had any experience with the bass center in London? How are they? I phoned them the other day and they seemed quite pleasant and honest, and had good prices and advise, so I bought a bass from them. Need to wait 2 weeks or so before I get it due to the bass being shipped from Germany.

I realize I should have asked around before buying perhaps, but I had no reason to doubt them.

Edited by jdiddleymspot

The Bass Centre is a long established business that used to considered the best bass shop in the country. Nowadays they're a mail order business only, with no physical shop. I've not used them since they had their shop in Wapping but I do seem to remember some threads about them more recently where some concerns were raised about their customer service, though I think that was related to their last shop in Brune St. Might be worth doing a quick search on some of the threads here.

Ordered from them at the start of the year, had a few issues of things taking longer to arrive than I was originally told, but everything was sorted out and arrived eventually. They mean well and I would order from them again. At least they told me when there were delays, unlike some businesses...

As has already been mentioned there is another thread on BC regarding the basscentre web/mail order business.

As I've not yet had experience of them on this front I cannot comment. But before they went totally online I found them very helpful (when they were in Wapping and more recently near Liverpool St.), but from what others have said it sounds like they're having teething issues getting used to dealing totally online, I'd suggest you to do a search on BC and read those comments for a clearer picture.

As I've said on a previous thread, it's an utter shame that they no longer have a "proper" shop as they were the mecca for bassists back in the day.