Why become a member? ×

Fender Japan JV Precision. **Sold**

OldGit

[color="#FF0000"][size=4]Sold[/size][/color]

Big Italian bass bill coming soon, (hopefully!) and a reality check means this bass is not going to be my jam bass :)

[b]1982 Fender Japan JV series Precision bass[/b] This is not a Squier JV Series. It's got a Spiral bridge, reverse "rivet" tuners, cloth wire, green cap, US pickups. Alder (?) body, light weight, great neck, good frets.... and Spectacular lacquer cracks.
These were the Japan domestic market basses built at the same time as the "Big Fender/Little Squier" logo export bases from US parts and is teh series that really upset Fender USA who were having QC problems at the time. Supposed to be budget line they allegedly blew the US versions into the weeds...

I've played and owned a lot of P basses and this is my second favourite of all of them. The best was my real 1962. However I am a pragmatist and this isn't going to get played once my Wood and Tronics arrives. So off it goes..

[b]I'm looking for £875. Plus shipping.[/b]
Not trades, thanks, unless you have a Shure 520DX harmonica mic and/or a suitable 5 watt valve amp for harpin' such as a Peavey Royal 8.

It comes with a "dustcover" Fender gig bag

There's a ton of info about JV's in general, including these basses, on here: [url="http://www.21frets.com/"]http://www.21frets.com/[/url]

I'll let the pictures do the talking:

Edited by OldGit

Absolutely gorgeous. These JV's are the absolute business, and I love the cracked lacquer on this one.

If I'd not just bought my US '62 re-issue, I'd be all over this.

Edited by tredders

[quote name='tredders' post='643670' date='Nov 2 2009, 06:02 PM']Absolutely gorgeous. These JV's are the absolutely business, and I love the cracked lacquer on this one.

If I'd not just bought my US '62 re-issue, I'd be all over this.[/quote]
Simple tredders _ you sell me you 62 and you buy OG's JV!

[quote name='Clarky' post='643675' date='Nov 2 2009, 06:08 PM']Simple tredders _ you sell me you 62 and you buy OG's JV![/quote]

Works for me .. :rolleyes:

You know you just need a [i]picture[/i] of your US work of art and you can play this one without the museum archive gloves :)

[quote name='Clarky' post='643675' date='Nov 2 2009, 06:08 PM']Simple tredders _ you sell me you 62 and you buy OG's JV![/quote]

Nah, I'm still holding out for your JJB :rolleyes:

[quote name='OldGit' post='643678' date='Nov 2 2009, 06:12 PM']You know you just need a [i]picture[/i] of your US work of art and you can play this one without the museum archive gloves :)[/quote]

That's too close to the truth to be funny!

Anyway, the '62 is back from the setup on Saturday, & will be freshly strung with TI flats, so I'm planning on giving it a good seeing to (oo-er) over the weekend and see how it plays.

Edited by tredders