Why become a member? ×

Epiphone Les Paul Bass

tarcher

I saw a lovely Epi Les Paul on Ebay and thought it looks an awful lot of bass for the money.Block inlaid fretboard,nice detailing on the head,hard case,it went for £166.I quite fancy one of those,the current Les pauls look rubbish in comparison.
Any opinions chaps and chappesses.

[quote name='tarcher' post='642141' date='Oct 31 2009, 09:18 PM']I saw a lovely Epi Les Paul on Ebay and thought it looks an awful lot of bass for the money.Block inlaid fretboard,nice detailing on the head,hard case,it went for £166.I quite fancy one of those,the current Les pauls look rubbish in comparison.
Any opinions chaps and chappesses.[/quote]

Only that it's probably fairly well made and will do the job fine but a Les paul shaped bass shouldn't be allowed.

Great looking basses, well made, average sound in stock configuration. I ended up swapping out the stock passive humbuckers for EMG-HB active pickups (Precision-esque split rails in a humbucker size) and an EMG-BQC 3 band EQ.

Did I mention I think they look great? :)

[quote name='leschirons' post='642152' date='Oct 31 2009, 09:53 PM']Only that it's probably fairly well made and will do the job fine but a Les paul shaped bass shouldn't be allowed.[/quote]

shame on you :)
i just recently bought one of these
[url="http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Bass/Epiphone/Allen-Woody-Rumblekat.aspx"]http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-G...-Rumblekat.aspx[/url]
and it bloody lurvley.
i can't believe how well made it is let alone how good it sounds (for blues anyway)
the best £359.00 i ever spent on a bass-period.
if the Les Paul is anything like this it'll be a belter.