Why become a member? ×

Poor Customer Service Award - Andertons, Guildford

Cat Burrito

Wow, what a great response. I have generally had a mixed result with Andertons. I have bought a couple of basses from them, one went super smooth and the staff were super friendly. Another time I bought a fretless and after a couple of weeks the fret liners started to crumble away. I took the bass back and they did not give a sh*t, did not want to help and I had to really push to get them to do something. They eventually sent the bass back to Fender but then gave me a loud of bullshit about why it was taking so long to get repaired with a different story everytime I phoned.

As a whole, I think its usually good but you can get a bad experience from time to time. I think next time I get bad service, I would just ask to speak to the manager and say your not getting anywhere with the service.

brilliant. A good shop.

maybe add something to your first post so that the fact you solved the problem comes through to ppl reading randomly.

Good shops are great. I went into my local shop, red dog music, to buy a top e string for a guitar. It cost a pound.
Before hand I wandered around the bass section, I said I was just having a nosy. The guy showed me this little ampeg amp (like tiny), got me to have a we lift then started plugging a new US jazz in so I could hear it. When I told him what amp I used he turns round and plugs into a SVT (6 i think) and lets me play the jazz. This was on a saturday and I was after one string! Impressive.

That's a great response from the boss there. I especially liked the reviewing of the CCTV bit, I'm guessing someone's arse is aching from having a boot firmly wedged up it for some time. To then offer a discount is great result, although it would have been nice to have the new bass for your convalesence, getting it cheaper certainly helps soften the initial disappointment. Well done for also posting the resolution of the problem as well as the original gripe.

[quote name='LukeFRC' post='630999' date='Oct 20 2009, 12:42 AM']brilliant. A good shop.

maybe add something to your first post so that the fact you solved the problem comes through to ppl reading randomly.[/quote]

I did, I edited the thread title but fair point. I'll re-edit so it's clearer

Just seen this thread and a really good outcome all round. I've bought from Andertons for years and have always been really happy with their service. I am lucky that I have Guitar and Amp in Brighton and Andertons to choose from and I've found both shops have great customer service. Andertons, like all guitar shops, should be avoided on a Saturday unless you get in there early.

As for the comments on Andertons and repaired amps; I'm pretty sure Surrey Amps handle most of Andertons amp repairs. It may be hard for Andertons to get an itemized list for the customer if requested. May also be worth noting that if you're on a budget Surrey Amps aren't the cheapest place around and of course Andertons will put a charge on top. Having said that, I've had valve amps repaired through Andertons in the past and the work carried out has always been first rate.