Why become a member? ×

Separate Forum Section To Sell Bass Parts

benebass

Hi - been browsing to see what bass parts are knocking around for sale & I was wondering if it might help to find stuff if parts were in a separate section of the marketplace rather than alongside guitars/keyboards etc. in the 'Other musically related stuff' section. Just wondered what everyone else thought?

B.

[quote name='bentdice' post='628023' date='Oct 16 2009, 04:04 PM']Hi - been browsing to see what bass parts are knocking around for sale & I was wondering if it might help to find stuff if parts were in a separate section of the marketplace rather than alongside guitars/keyboards etc. in the 'Other musically related stuff' section. Just wondered what everyone else thought?

B.[/quote]

i put a speaker on the musically related etc
but for bass parts to do a build i think separate would be ok

[quote name='steve-soar' post='628842' date='Oct 17 2009, 04:42 PM']I think that's what the OP meant.[/quote]
I must have misread his post, to me it looks like its suggesting a new forum separate from the other ones in the marketplace should be made, which i think is a little OTT.

Subforum though is certainly a good idea :)

[quote name='Kev' post='628849' date='Oct 17 2009, 04:50 PM']I must have misread his post, to me it looks like its suggesting a new forum separate from the other ones in the marketplace should be made, which i think is a little OTT.[/quote]
While a subforum would be fine, I don't think a dedicated forum is OTT. Currently we have bass guitars, bass amplification & bass effects as individual forums, followed by anything & everything else musically related - which currently encompasses everything from BadAss IIs to Mongolian nose-flutes, via your kids' old Bob The Builder CDs! Well, theoretically.

Given that the vast majority of us seem to be modders, tinkerers, tweakers, bodgers & builders, I don't think a bass components forum is at all unrealistic. :)

J.

[quote name='Bassassin' post='628893' date='Oct 17 2009, 05:51 PM']While a subforum would be fine, I don't think a dedicated forum is OTT. Currently we have bass guitars, bass amplification & bass effects as individual forums, followed by anything & everything else musically related - which currently encompasses everything from BadAss IIs to Mongolian nose-flutes, via your kids' old Bob The Builder CDs! Well, theoretically.

Given that the vast majority of us seem to be modders, tinkerers, tweakers, bodgers & builders, I don't think a bass components forum is at all unrealistic. :)

J.[/quote]
But this is a bass forum, so i feel that there are already enough sections in the classifieds as it is. The reason why other musical instruments is all clumped together into one forum is because alot of people wouldnt think of positing their flute for sale on a bass forum, as chances are it wouldn't exactly be the eye catching sale, well for the right reasons anyways. There are currently 3 dedicated bass related forums as they are the most popular sales threads, and i think it was a great idea to give the effects a dedicated forum, but i think its overkill to have a seperate forum for pickups and necks, not enough are sold on here. I agree that bass parts shouldnt be mixed with the other stuff though, and so i feel that should be a subsection of the bass classifieds, and other [b]non-bass[/b] stuff should be in the other forum. I think subforums are much neater.

Edited by Kev