Why become a member? ×

Reverb pedal recommendations

RaNoFuNkY

Wotchya all,

I am in the market for a decent reverb pedal. I'm not looking for a multi effects box, just a 1 funtion pedal - preferably small and 9V.

Conditions: 1. Price will presumably be an issue, however if there is a Holy Grail reverb out there (pardon the EHX pun) then I will save up.
2. It's for use with a regular bass and a piccolo bass, active and passive (will that make a difference?)

Thoughts, comments and experiences welcomed - I'm a complete nooooobie when it comes to reverb!

Cheers y'all

B

i love my reverb so can definitely give you some suggestions. a few questions?

what kind of reverb are you after? light, medium, crazy deep ambient? got some clips you like the sound of?

how much are you looking to spend?

i use a verbzilla i got from here recently and am really digging it, i also rate the holy grail and the hardwire reverb.

Cheers lads,

To be honest, I'm not really up on my reverb knowledge, so I guess I'm looking for something quite flexible, that can go to tasteful and discreet to absolutely drowning in the stuff.

Budget is very much an issue, but if there is a general consensus naming one particular pedal above all others then I will rid myself of other material goods and save accordingly.

I'll take a look at the verbzilla.

Ta y'all

[quote name='Wil' post='627897' date='Oct 16 2009, 02:11 PM']Forgive my ignorance, but in what circumstances would you use reverb on bass? Doesnt it just muddy things up?[/quote]

it can do, but you don't always need definition. i find reverb great when used with fuzz to get huge walls of (tasteful) noise!

judging by what the OP is saying i would recommend the verbzilla - reasonably priced, great sounding and goes from classic spring to crazy deep - plate, octo and tile are my fav 3 settings.