Why become a member? ×

Further to my Bass Bash workshop

jakenewmanbass

[quote name='tarcher' post='627164' date='Oct 15 2009, 05:58 PM']I click on it and it plays ,no problem.I would just like to move it into a music folder on my desktop where I put all the pieces that I'm working on.
Golly that sounds grand, what I really mean is the stuf I'm trying to learn to play.[/quote]
Right click - save as

[quote name='EssentialTension' post='627167' date='Oct 15 2009, 06:02 PM']Right click - save as[/quote]

Okey dokey all sorted now and Pauls a happy bunny. :)
Ta very much Dave and by the way I loved your gear at the bash on Saturday.
One day I may get one of those Mesa's meself.

[quote name='jakesbass' post='626540' date='Oct 14 2009, 11:14 PM']Ok I've just done a little version of the piece, [attachment=34477:Output_1_2.mp3]
I tried it at the dreaded 138 bpm and after a few takes got it down with only one tiny edit for the very last phrase so it's a bit warts and all and deviates ever so slightly from the written for the odd rhythm or note.
It really is just a bit of fun so I'd welcome some comments. I've added a couple of harmony figures from the high register of the bass just to add a bit of colour but they're panned wide enough to not get in the way.
Enjoy.
Jake[/quote]
Bloody hell, fast!

Obviously my perception is coloured somewhat, but I'd say that sounds like you, it's your personality in the sound.

[quote name='jakesbass' post='628464' date='Oct 17 2009, 01:40 AM']:)
I'll do a slower one...[/quote]

I've slowed it down by 25%and its still too quick for my numpty fingers so I'm learning it at 50%.
By rights once I've built up the muscle memory I should be able to increase the speed but to get to your speed,well, I dunno.Thats some playing there Jake.
Thats what 5 hours of practice a day does.

I've used Seventh string Transcribe to slow it down,cheaper than a Tascam bass trainer.

[quote name='51m0n' post='628585' date='Oct 17 2009, 11:16 AM']Very tempted to add some drums to this Jake, if I get some time and you dont mind, just for a bit of fun....

BTW I dont suppose you have the two bass parts on seperate tracks do you :)?[/quote]
Hi Simon, send me an email address via PM and I'll send you the tracks (there are actually three) And of course I don't mind.
Jake