Why become a member? ×

Rockbass by Warwick

Marvin

I had one for a while. Perfectly reasonable 2 band active bass. Jazz width neck but chunky back to front, so felt pretty comfortable to me. I sold it because it didn't inspire me to mod it at all. If you're going for a new one, make sure you get one of the new ones with the 2 piece bridge as per their "grown up" Warwick siblings. Because these are pretty new, you should get a sweet deal on one of the old ones (one piece bridge) second hand.

I've played a Corvette and Fortress and they were very well built and sounded great. If you're thinking of buying a new Rockbass Corvette, then you might also want to look out for a second-hand Warwick Corvette as the prices tend to be similar and you'll get much more bass for your money.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='peted' post='619577' date='Oct 7 2009, 02:07 PM']I've played a Corvette and Fortress and they were very well built and sounded great. If you're thinking of buying a new Rockbass Corvette, then you might also want to look out for a second-hand Warwick Corvette as the prices tend to be similar and you'll get much more bass for your money.[/quote]

+1 on looking for a second hand German Warwick. £250 - £400 is the price the Corvettes and Fortresses go for and they're nicer basses. I have both of those basses and while i liked the Rockbasses the German ones are the ones i'd go for

Ahpook's Fortress is sweet though!