Why become a member? ×

Hey Guys make sure you read!!!!!

EmmanuelFolo

Hey guy names emmanuel been playing the bass for about 7 months now had a blast from learning to play ( bass is the best instrument ever :) anywho im 18 from London. the music I enjoying listening to and playing to is alot of R&B, Jazz and Gospel urm kinda reached the point where im a little frusrtated with my playing cause i aint really learnt noting new. you kno them moments where you just started playing and like everytime you pick it up some thing jus clicks and your like "oh yeah" and it takes your playing to another stage for example jus learning all the notes on da fret board and where dey are and the diffferent patterens thats makes thing just that easiyer. but yeah i aint gotten no more oh yeahs which is a little upsetting there this really nice bar i got to up old street called the troy bar wicked place guys like dean mark (craig davids bass player) and rick james (daniel bedingfield bass player) and a few other slick musicans come down and jam and i so wanna jam with them but juss afriad that my playing aint up to scratch so i juss sit back and watch. anyways i need some excerise do to guys urm sum warm up i need to be enlightened i try play to songs but i cant seem to stick to one song i have to much of a selection and when i can do one i move to another thinking its ganna be easiyer. so guys i need your help gimme some advice maybe hopefully one day it will be your advice thats make me one of the best hehe !

cheers

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='67015' date='Sep 28 2007, 05:03 PM']Hey fella.

There are a lot of grumpy old men on here that non the less have a lifetime of experience. They wont even read your OP; Sorry but just cos its an internet forum does not mean that spelling, gramma and punctuation are not required and txt spk is OK.

GOM[/quote]

alright alright!.... but I just couldn't resist. Sorry everybody, 'twas mean, I concede..... I'm not really [i]that[/i] old, and I'm certainly not grumpy, but I have this very week been accused of being a "self-important douchenozzle" on another forum; so maybe I should think a little more before I type, er..... and not post drunk!

in all sincerity: welcome aboard Emmanuel, I hope your time here is a happy one!

- Dan

[quote name='bassmandan' post='67064' date='Sep 28 2007, 07:24 PM']alright alright!.... but I just couldn't resist. Sorry everybody, 'twas mean, I concede..... I'm not really [i]that[/i] old, and I'm certainly not grumpy, but I have this very week been accused of being a "self-important douchenozzle" on another forum; so maybe I should think a little more before I type, er..... and not post drunk!

in all sincerity: welcome aboard Emmanuel, I hope your time here is a happy one!

- Dan[/quote]

Haha! Douchenozzle! Is that not like showerhead in french? i have to call someone that at work tomorrow. genious!

And yeah, welcome to the original guy :)

Hey Emmanuel

Welcome to Basschat!!

Pretty much everyone on the site thinks they're not up to scratch (we're bass players after alll...not lead guitarists :) ) so I wouldn't worry about it too much. Best way to get up confidence is to practice regularly with a band, so try and get together with others and play to get used to locking in with the drummer etc. If you're already doing that, then why not have a chat to the guys you mentioned to pick up some tips. If you need some technical tips post specific question on that section of this site.

Cheers and good luck!

Stu

Those mini epiphanys will come. I plateaued for about 2 years and then had three in the space of a month :)

Learn theory, play in a band.

[quote name='Wil' post='67058' date='Sep 28 2007, 07:01 PM']Welcome to the forum! Be careful not to trip over the egos on your way in.[/quote]

Ouch Emmanuel, I was sittin' here.

Edited by paul, the

[quote name='bassmandan' post='66606' date='Sep 27 2007, 08:36 PM']yeman im wit u blud rockin innit oh yeah yadda yadda yadd!

all da best wid de bass playin an all dat, theirs loadsa stuff on dis website thatl real help so stick around an check it.....

oh yeh, check dis to if your confused at all www.oed.com - REEESPECK[/quote]

:huh: :)

[quote name='bassmandan' post='66606' date='Sep 27 2007, 08:36 PM']yeman im wit u blud rockin innit oh yeah yadda yadda yadd!

all da best wid de bass playin an all dat, theirs loadsa stuff on dis website thatl real help so stick around an check it.....

oh yeh, check dis to if your confused at all www.oed.com - REEESPECK[/quote]
That's not a very good welcome, our zole. Anything I can help you with, just get in touch. :)
Cheers Steve.

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='67015' date='Sep 28 2007, 05:03 PM']Hey fella.

There are a lot of grumpy old men on here that non the less have a lifetime of experience. They wont even read your OP; Sorry but just cos its an internet forum does not mean that spelling, gramma and punctuation are not required and txt spk is OK.

GOM[/quote]
Oh my. So you need to have an A in English language to be able to post? Bass or for that matter, any instrument, is for people to be able to express themselves. I have seen 100's of spelling mistakes and punctuation errors on this site. So why now do you choose to publicly correct a new member? :)

|f you're real - then welcome aboard.

I did assume the post was a windup perhaps by a longer serving member, but perhaps I'm wrong.
If it is a windup it's quite amusing that people have gone along with it.

If it's not a wind up, then it's hardly a big deal to suggest that people try to communicate in an understandable way and it's a shame a mod couldn't suggest so in a helpful way.

Real or not - I look forward to more posts Emmanuel.

Cheers
John

[quote name='steve-soar' post='67525' date='Sep 29 2007, 10:48 PM']That's not a very good welcome, our zole. Anything I can help you with, just get in touch. :)
Cheers Steve.[/quote]
Alright alright! I've already apologised for my childishness.....

[quote name='ZPQ' post='67529' date='Sep 29 2007, 11:09 PM']I did assume the post was a windup perhaps by a longer serving member, but perhaps I'm wrong.[/quote]
I hope so, cos I ain't seen hide nor hair since.

[quote name='ZPQ' post='67529' date='Sep 29 2007, 11:09 PM']If it's not a wind up, then it's hardly a big deal to suggest that people try to communicate in an understandable way[/quote]
+1

wow i never knew the way i typed would cause such a stir i wonted help not to be told how bad my typing was, next time ill type it in word first for you guys. Anywho thanks for the guys that gave me advice keep em coming! Ill let you guys know how its going. and to the guy that wonted to know about troy come tuesdays (open mic) or fridays (jazz). Oh went to the illest reheasal today in The Premesis up hackney jammed a little but mostly watched see what i could learn. was there from 10am to 11pm mad tired just got in learned quite a bit :) if you happen 2 be in piccadly circus on the 3rd come 2 barrumba i think thats how you spell it but who cares

[quote name='steve-soar' post='67527' date='Sep 29 2007, 10:58 PM']Oh my. So you need to have an A in English language to be able to post? Bass or for that matter, any instrument, is for people to be able to express themselves. I have seen 100's of spelling mistakes and punctuation errors on this site. So why now do you choose to publicly correct a new member? :)[/quote]
If he wants people to read it - write it in english. Theres lots of guys on here from all over the place that dont have english as their main language who post legibly. I, and I suspect a lot of others, wont read something like the original post cos its too much like hard work. People can post whatever sh*t they like, I dont have to read it.

Edited by bass_ferret

Well Emmanuel, you have certainly had the 'warmest' thread in the introductions forum I have read for a while. I hope that despite the 'banter' you have been able to extract the useful advice from the discussion.

I also hope you enjoy your stay on the good ship BC. It's pretty chilled out here! -honest!

See you on the board...

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='68094' date='Oct 1 2007, 12:54 PM']If he wants people to read it - write it in english. Theres lots of ghuys on here from all over the place that dont have english as their main language who post legibly. I, and I suspect a lot of others, wont read something like the original post cos its too much like hard work. People can post whatever sh*t they like, I dont have to read it.[/quote]

Whereas others use good English but post mostly to*s ^_^