Why become a member? ×

A quest achieved: A much sought 'new' Bass Guitar joins the harem

Born 2B Mild

(in hushed tones) It's my day off. I am about to achieve a quest. A delivery is due any moment.

I've lusted for one of these, and posted on Basschat to see if anyone has one I can try (to no avail). They don't come up for sale in the UK very often. I can't afford it, but an ancient eBay search popped up and I had to act.

I have a notice sellotaped on the front door "I'm in, so knock hard", I daren't go to the loo, no music playing, porch door open to aid hearing knock at the door.

:)

[quote name='Born 2B Mild' post='617219' date='Oct 5 2009, 11:26 AM'](in hushed tones) It's my day off. I am about to achieve a quest. A delivery is due any moment.

I've lusted for one of these, and posted on Basschat to see if anyone has one I can try (to no avail). They don't come up for sale in the UK very often. I can't afford it, but an ancient eBay search popped up and I had to act.

I have a notice sellotaped on the front door "I'm in, so knock hard", I daren't go to the loo, no music playing, porch door open to aid hearing knock at the door.

:)[/quote]

It all sounds very mysterious and a tad exciting.

Bated breath, details photos soonest please.

Despite all your precautions you'll probably wait til 5.30pm before finding a failed delivery note tucked into your gatepost :rolleyes:

Tuned up, plugged in, EMG's sounding nice, but pots need a clean.

On the age front, I'm a bit confused.

Modulus say:
[i]The first two digits of all Modulus serial numbers indicate the year the instrument was manufactured. For example, a bass with serial # 930111 was built in 1993, and a bass with serial # 020343 was built in 2002. Modulus began using serial numbers in 1990, so all basses before that time bear only the Modulus patent number.[/i]

My serial starts with an 87 ...so is it an 87?

Edited by Born 2B Mild