Why become a member? ×

All-in-one box?

M4L666

[quote name='iamapirate' post='616056' date='Oct 3 2009, 08:55 PM']There's an MXR micro power amp out recently if I remember - it's literally the size of a nano small stone.[/quote]

Think I remember that was 20W or something? Not sure it has DI out though...

EDIT: EXH LPB-1 and the MXR Micro Amp. The EHX is about £30 and the MXR is about £65. Both are designed for guitar so, depending on how you use them, may sound sh*t with bass. Neither have DI out.

Edited by benwhiteuk

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' post='615916' date='Oct 3 2009, 06:15 PM']Rack preamp and lightweight power amp? ticks the boxes, you can lose the power amp if you don't need.[/quote]

Any suggestions? And it needs to either be light and small or obscenely light and not massive.

Little Mark IIs can be used without a cabinet, as are a lot of Mark Bass amps AFAIK. There are lighter Mark Bass amps than the Little Mark IIs aswell.

I've run my Little Mark II DI'd to the PA without a cabinet, as it said it was fine to this in the FAQ section of the Mark Bass website...I normally use a cab, but it makes it nice and versatile knowing that I don't need to if space is really tight on a gig.

It depends on your budget as to what you could get, but you might be able to find a Little Mark II or similar second hand for a good price if you keep your eyes peeled.