Why become a member? ×

new bongo 6 HH

Cybergimp109

this spaceaged toilet seat appeared at my door yesterday.. tis very very nice,
havent got a chance to play it through my good amp but even through a crappy 10watt busker amp its very nice.

im not a huge fan of the pearl pickguard atall, im looking for anyone whod be interested in a trade... the pg is perfect, protective plastic still on it and everything.

Edited by Cybergimp109

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='613703' date='Oct 1 2009, 11:44 AM']I would happily park my arse on that seat - lovely lovely bass. Howzit sound? Bet it's thunderous ...er like my arse :)[/quote]

so would i, it sounds great but so far ive only heard it through a crappy busker amp thing i have which cant handle anything and also some headphones through a pedal.. even through them it sounds great but this weekend ill get to try it out with my gallien krueger rig... i will cry

very nice bass its the most expensive thing ive ever owned, its pretty heavy and has a slight bit of neck dive but worn high its nto really a problem.

[quote name='Rayman' post='613745' date='Oct 1 2009, 01:32 PM']I have to say I like the white pearl on there. It might look a bit [i]too[/i] black with a black guard. [i]Cream[/i] Pearl would look fab.[/quote]
Indeed. I prefer the contrasting guard (and the chrome hardware) to the all black ones - makes it look more like......a MusicMan!

its sapphire black,

i didnt have much choice on the colour it was either take it as it is or wait 4 months for what chose.
got it from the bassgallery they matched an online price so got it for 1600 sterling. way better than thomann or any oif those, prices on thomann a while back were 2600, they suck these days.

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='613878' date='Oct 1 2009, 03:11 PM']That's a good price - where do you live? I'm guessing it's not the UK??[/quote]

no im in ireland, prices here are sh*t, and theres nothing in shops anyway.
most shops just have starter stuff and a few mid level things overpriced(and only fenders stuff usually with the mid level stuff) so i bought this without ever trying even a 4 string bongo.. so glad it wasnt a piece of crap when it arrived.
sold my SUB which i loved to get money for this, well worth it.

shipping was only 20 sterling so very happy with the whole thing.

[quote name='Cybergimp109' post='613839' date='Oct 1 2009, 02:17 PM']its sapphire black,

i didnt have much choice on the colour it was either take it as it is or wait 4 months for what chose.
got it from the bassgallery they matched an online price so got it for 1600 sterling. way better than thomann or any oif those, prices on thomann a while back were 2600, they suck these days.[/quote]
Ahh, i can never tell the difference between those two. It's a nice colour though and a superb bass. I think £1600 is a decent enough deal brand new.

[quote name='budget bassist' post='613885' date='Oct 1 2009, 03:21 PM']Ahh, i can never tell the difference between those two. It's a nice colour though and a superb bass. I think £1600 is a decent enough deal brand new.[/quote]
every picture of it looks different,, theyre awkward colours i was looking through pics to pick colours and this one looked blue more gray/black in person much nicer.

i think its reasonable anyway,
best i found online and came to me over a weekend prettymuch.

[quote name='Cybergimp109' post='613901' date='Oct 1 2009, 03:31 PM']every picture of it looks different,, theyre awkward colours i was looking through pics to pick colours and this one looked blue more gray/black in person much nicer.

i think its reasonable anyway,
best i found online and came to me over a weekend prettymuch.[/quote]
There's nothing worse than waiting for a new bass!

[quote name='JimBobTTD' post='614821' date='Oct 2 2009, 02:07 PM']Nice - congrats on the new bass. I hear great things about the Bongos, plus a lot of criticism of their appearance.

Mind you, I'm positively drooling over the Ibanez in that last pic you have. Mmmmmmm.[/quote]

its pretty nice, its got a very nice neck. its good at everything but not really amazing at anything.
great for the price. i reccomend them highly

[quote name='Cybergimp109' post='614935' date='Oct 2 2009, 04:18 PM']its good at everything but not really amazing at anything.[/quote]

It's great at being a Bongo...that means the best sounding bass ever made!

But no, I wouldn't say it's GREAT at sounding like...say...a fender jaguar bass.

[quote name='Duarte' post='616222' date='Oct 4 2009, 08:42 AM']It's great at being a Bongo...that means the best sounding bass ever made!

But no, I wouldn't say it's GREAT at sounding like...say...a fender jaguar bass.[/quote]

i was talking about the sr506 someone asked about it just its good at doing everything but not really special in any one thing.,

i love the bongo sound still figuring out what to do with the eq, found a very nice slap tone and other than that i like it flat..
havent tried a jaguar but id prefer this over any fender ive played...(but i have only played a few im not flaming them or anything)

music shops are useless here so i rarely try anything out