Why become a member? ×

Ahhh! Need repair for my MB SA450

Rowbee

Had a rehearsal tonight and somehow managed to yank my Markbass SA450 off the top of my cab and onto the floor. I believe the problem is the jack socket as my lead end became bent and the socket looks misaligned. I can hear something coming out through the cab but only just so I think there's a connection issue.

My main repair guy isn't back until Friday and he's normally pretty busy so I don't reckon I'll get it back in time for a rehearsal next Tuesday. Can anyone recommend someone [i]reasonably[/i] local to Coventry that might be able to take a look?

I really could do without this hassle as I was trying to decide whether to keep my Aggie GS112 cabs and sell my newly acquired Barefaced Compact, or vice versa!

When my amp fell under power like that... it took out the pre-amp board which only cost £35 to fix...but it also damaged one of the speakers as well..

but then the whole lot ended up on the floor so it may have been the fall that damaged the speaker... only one in the cab went tho...?????????

What were you connected to at the time..?

How did you get on, Rob - all fixed? I've still got a sentimental attachment to that amp, you know!

Damn it, I've just remembered, I've still got your manual and rack brackets in a box in my drawer at work!

All the best,

Mark

P.S. Have you had any dealings with Mark at Bass Direct? I bought a fantastic Roscoe bass off him a couple of weeks back, when I was down in that direction on holiday. He's good bloke and knows his stuff. It was all I could do to keep my credit card in my pocket and resist the temptation to take a punt on a LMIII and 2 Bergantino 12 cabinets set up! Much as I love the sound of my Trace and Compact set up I think moving the SA450 and 2 aggies on was one of my more decisions in recent years!