Why become a member? ×

Lemony Fretboard refreshment

TheBlueFalcon

I love treating my fingerboards with lemon oil, my jazz especially comes up really nice!!!, my ken smith has a pau ferro fingerboard, but ive not used any on that yet!
Dave (essential tension) a small word of warning, if your using it on the WAV the fingerboard is actually dyed, i gave it a clean with some dunlop guitar polish and a load of it came off, to show a lighter coloured wood underneath (prob still ebony just not jet black) just a thought mate!!
all the best, remember lads when it comes to lemon oil addiction!!! IT STAYS ON THE FORUM!!! - LEE

[quote name='lee650' post='612500' date='Sep 29 2009, 09:31 PM']Dave (essential tension) a small word of warning, if your using it on the WAV the fingerboard is actually dyed, i gave it a clean with some dunlop guitar polish and a load of it came off, to show a lighter coloured wood underneath (prob still ebony just not jet black) just a thought mate!![/quote]
OK, thanks for that, Lee. I had thought it had dye on/in the fingerboard wood because it sometimes gets on my fingers.

So, do you think the fingerboard is a sort of 'pale' ebony or is it something else?

Edited by EssentialTension

[quote name='velvetkevorkian' post='613244' date='Sep 30 2009, 08:31 PM']NS Design site says black rosewood.[/quote]
Aye it,s probably not ebony, i bought mine when they first came out, and they were advertising them as ebony, but rosewood is more likely, there was a lot of speculation on talkbass, about them having very cheap ebony fingerboards hence the dye, a bit of a pain when it comes off, but it doesnt look too bad!
doensnt spoil a cracking instrument, great value - lee