Why become a member? ×

SWR, Peavey, Trace Elliot

WHUFC BASS

[quote name='WHUFC BASS' post='606890' date='Sep 23 2009, 04:57 PM']I'm selling off my rig as I'm after a Trace combo - the SMX type, so as they ain't cheap I'm selling some of my gear (all purchased off here from fellow BC'ers.).

4x10 Peavey Cab 8ohm = £65 (this has had some addtional heavy duty casters put on it)

2x10 SWR MkI Goliath Junior 4 Ohm = £80 (new crossover installed)

Trace Elliot AH150 GP7 SM150 = £120

Collection only on these I'm afraid - I'm in North East London, not a million miles from the A406, M11 or M25.[/quote]
Do you ever come out to Oxford?
I like the look of the swr

Sorry mate, haven't been through Oxford in months and have no plans to in the near future.

Here's a bit of blub about the SWR from the original seller:

Has the original PAS speakers, which are rebranded eminence. They had bigger magnets than the production ones, to give give better bottom end. Just the speakers themselves are quite sought after! One wasbreconed about 2 years ago by Wembley Loudspeakers, which was more expensive than just buying a new eminence driver because it just wouldn't have sounded as good.

It originally had "banana plug" connectors but they've been changed for a quarter inch jack. The crossover has been replaced with a very high quality Link Dynamics LDX24 one. Although the original attenuator is still there, its not wired in, so the tweeter is always on. This is not a problem, as it's a phenominal Fostex tweeter (the original one), which itself is not exactly cheap! There's nothing to stop you wiring in the attenuator, if you feel so inclined.

[quote name='WHUFC BASS' post='674793' date='Dec 5 2009, 10:40 AM']Here's a bit of blub about the SWR from the original seller:[/quote]

"And as if by magic, the shop keeper appeared" :)

[quote name='Merton' post='676638' date='Dec 7 2009, 12:51 PM']Only if you weren't being sensible![/quote]

Absolutely! Owned this for several years, with some very powerful amps. It's a truly amazing cab, whoever bought it is in for a treat. Other cabs and amps came and went but I always kept it and only sold it when I went over to the lighter side. They're not light but those drivers (original) are some of the best Eminence ever produced, IMO. Deep but so clear, I didn't even need the tweeter on to hear myself and left it out of the cab most of the time. I fitted the best quality crossover I could find and the tweeter is very musical. It's perhaps a good thing I've only just spotted this thread, I'd have been sorely tempted to buy it back, despite being a bit strapped ATM.

Edited by Sharkfinger

Its true, it was a great amp and the only reason I sold it was to go down the 1x15 route. In hindsight maybe I should have kept it but at the moment, I am doing gigs where 95% of the time amplification is provided for me and I'm really stuck for space in my house so the 4x10 and the 2x10 had to go. The reason for me wanting the smaller 1x15 combo is for when I need to provide my own amplification.

• 3 weeks later...