Why become a member? ×

Ashdown Superfly Head

waynepunkdude

[quote name='lemmywinks' post='605116' date='Sep 21 2009, 10:45 PM']If one side works then isn't it 250w @ 4ohms or about 175w @ 8ohms?

They're two seperate power amp sections i think

EDIT: Also have you checked the speakon and the jack connectors on this to see if both are duff?[/quote]

It's only Speakon and don't like the tone of the amp so I'll let someone else do it.

I think it may be 250W on each side @ 8 OHMs I should have the email from the guy who sold it to me. Wait up.

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='605143' date='Sep 21 2009, 11:07 PM']Just looked back and you are pretty much bang on. I tip my hat to you sir.[/quote]
Ashdown site generally tells you everything you need to know about that sort of stuff anyway, even on the discontinued models under 'legacy', just thought i'd give you a heads up
And i wish i'd seen this sooner :)

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='605130' date='Sep 21 2009, 11:00 PM']It's only Speakon and don't like the tone of the amp so I'll let someone else do it.

I think it may be 250W on each side @ 8 OHMs I should have the email from the guy who sold it to me. Wait up.[/quote]

The jack connector is the hole inside the speakon connector, i didn't realise it was there until i read the manual! Pretty neat way of doing things

• 1 year later...

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='605130' date='Sep 21 2009, 10:00 PM']It's only Speakon and don't like the tone of the amp so I'll let someone else do it.

I think it may be 250W on each side @ 8 OHMs I should have the email from the guy who sold it to me. Wait up.[/quote]
its actually 2 x 250watts into 2 x 4ohms unbridged - not possible to bridge the two amps unfortunately.

each speaker output is a separate output for each 250watt amp. Even if only half is working, its still a pretty neat 250watt amp.
probably something like 180 watts into 8ohms. Still pretty cool!!

[quote name='Shonks' post='1050879' date='Dec 7 2010, 07:02 PM']its actually 2 x 250watts into 2 x 4ohms unbridged - not possible to bridge the two amps unfortunately.

each speaker output is a separate output for each 250watt amp. Even if only half is working, its still a pretty neat 250watt amp.
probably something like 180 watts into 8ohms. Still pretty cool!![/quote]

Blast from the past, I'll be honest I hated the thing and I told the same thing to Shaun when he bought it.

I don't know if he still has it?

• 1 month later...

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='1050890' date='Dec 7 2010, 07:10 PM']Blast from the past, I'll be honest I hated the thing and I told the same thing to Shaun when he bought it.

I don't know if he still has it?[/quote]

I do :) I use it occasionally when testing out my wiring, as i dont want to risk the III pro.

Any luck with that rack mount Wayne? :)