Why become a member? ×

Epiphone Jack Cassady Bass???????

rodl2005

:) Anyone know much about these??? Sure look nice. Gold flake, semi-hollow body, set neck, nice neck markers,..... I played one in shop last w/end & I LOVED it. They offered me a pretty good price on it too :huh: GAS!!!!!!!!
I'm keen to grab it, but I'd like some input from a "non salesman" if poss.??????????
Thanks,
Rod.

Thanx- will check it out.- the HC reviews. I mean I liked the look, feel & sound.....so apart from price what else is there except 4 me to part with my $$$$$$$ :huh: Dunno. I just this mornin, played a Fender Jaguar bass- MAN that was nice-SO many option-BIG PHAT :) series/parralel mode sounds-very versatile................ :huh: what to do.....wot 2 do????

You've got GAS.

Only a bass-related purchase will cure it.

Edit: if you like that sort of semi-acoustic thing, there's also the [url="http://www.imuso.co.uk/ProductDetail.asp?StockCode=EG01450"]Hofner Club Bass[/url] or the much cheaper [url="http://www.bass-soup.com/prod-show.asp?id=39&prod=Ibanez-Ibanez-AGB140-semi-acoustic-bass"]Ibanez version.[/url]

Edited by stingrayfan

U got it!!!!! I do like the Ibanez version...........buit it's hard to go past THAT look re the Epi JC bass!!!! Does sound & feel nice too!!! Sounded a bit more 'vintage' than the Ibanez IIRC. The Hofner-well 1. there's hardly any Hofners out here & 950 UKlbs is like $2500AUS + the govt double up duty the Aus Govt. put on ALL imported guitars - so that make that bass-Lovely tho it looks- WAY outta my reach at about $6900000.00 AUD!!
Thanx for the reply anyway... Contacted the shop again today(which is in Sydney-I'm in Hobart..... Freight-$30) & they are gonna chuck in a HS case-Hard to find ones to fit as it's a WIDE body shape- for a li'l extra cash.....so................ Gas not solved even if I DO grab this ...as I tried the Fender Jaguar out today-TOTALLY different kettle of fish but..... Whoo hooo LIKE IT!!!!! Active/passive, series/parralel.......etc.... NICE bass!!!!! ;-(

[quote name='paul, the' post='65402' date='Sep 25 2007, 03:51 PM'][i]Updated,[/i] I've just sent a guitar via royal mail Special Delivery. It's next day, fully insured, requires signature and expensive at £19 for 5kg.
Royal Mail standard parcels would have cost £9.35.[/quote]

I was really interested in these but I watched a preview of his tutor video and was left unimpressed with the tone.

I'm dying to try out an Aria tab 60 or 66.

Here is my perspective on the JC.

I wanted a ‘non-Fender’ style bass as a counterpoint in looks and tone to my other stuff, and looked at a Guild B301, an Ovation Magnum and a Gibson Ripper. I ended up choosing the Jack Casady.

This may be the sexiest bass ever…it just looks so cool. It plays great as well after I set it up properly. There is something about the gold top, half 335/half Les Paul body shape and the ‘varitone’ that I find really appealing. Tonally, it is a cross between a ‘pumped up’ Precision and a Rickenbacker…full, but clanky(in a good way!), and remarkably flexible.

Enjoy!

Shaker

• 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...