Why become a member? ×

Cheerio

Thump Boy

Greetings all,

I should tell you that I found this site searching in Google for new ideas and directions, that you guys are really smart and friendly and that I have already learned a lot. I ought to say that I have a lot to contribute from real life experience playing in bands and making recordings in my home studios and from working in music stores. I probably should mention that I am looking looking forward to back and forth dialog with you guys and I love a good discussion.

But it is only part true. The real reason I joined is because I have a crush on Zoe!

Just kidding. See you guys around.

Hello and welcome.

Since I seem to be the only irritating pedant on duty at the moment (though I'm sure others will be along shortly), it apparently falls to me to inform you that "Cheerio" is generally used to mean "Goodbye" rather than "Hello". Nice that you made an effort to speak our lingo, though! :)

Don't worry, they're not all like me here. :rolleyes:

Edited by Earbrass

Hi Thump Boy and welcome :)

'Smart and friendly', eh? You know how to make a good impression, you flatterer, you.

As for the crush on Zoe - there are two things you should know.

1) You get her back home here by 10PM [i]at the latest[/i].
2) She's got 6,970 big brothers on BC who'll make sure you do. :rolleyes:

Edited by skankdelvar

[quote name='Thump Boy' post='601914' date='Sep 18 2009, 04:26 AM']Boy do I feel dumb.[/quote]
Hey, no worries. The general charm of your intro more than compensates for a tiny vernacular solecism.

And the world's a funny place. FWIW, in Hungary, you begin and [i]end[/i] phone conversations with "Hallo". So:

"Lovely talking to you, must be going now. Hallo." Confused me a few times. :)

Edited by skankdelvar

[quote name='skankdelvar' post='602181' date='Sep 18 2009, 01:20 PM']Hey, no worries. The general charm of your intro more than compensates for a tiny vernacular solecism.

And the world's a funny place. FWIW, in Hungary, you begin and [i]end[/i] phone conversations with "Hallo". So:

"Lovely talking to you, must be going now. Hallo." Confused me a few times. :)[/quote]
"Hello, I must be going..!"
Perhaps the Hungarians are big Marx brothers fans? :rolleyes:

Arrivederci and welcome, oh Thumpy One :lol: glad you could join us. Looking forward to your contributions, sounds like you have a lot of good stuff to add.