Why become a member? ×

Goodfellow Custom Classic (GB) Original 1985

Schnozzalee

Is there any demand for one of these at the moment? Lil apprehensive, only up as my Kubicki won't sell, but need a new laptop plus £250 quids worth of Uni books:

My High Quality 1985 Goodfellow Classic Custom, Serial no. 0030 and checked with Bernie Goodfellow to be an original. Has the looks, playability and tone.

Looks like what the GB Rumour model was based on. The bass has a quilted maple top and spalted/quilted maple back, with a slab of walnut in between bound by mahogany. The neck is 34" five piece mahogany/maple with a 21 frets ebony fingerboard, bound again by mahogany which carries on to cover the headstock.

The bass has custom Goodfellow Gold hardware with his surname engraved into the bridge and 'classic' upon the truss rod cover. The bass has 'g' engraved into the machineheads and has messacre ebony tuning pegs. The headstock bears the 'G' symbol and has 'made in England' underneath.

The pickups are kent armstrong custom wound with wooden ebony covers boasting a thumb groove for easy playing. 5 rotary knobs : Volume, bass, mid, treb and pickups balancer. Active bass requiring two batteries for its silly amount of power (i only use it up halfway tops) and ability to switch to passive. Can play anything, very versatile.

Recently setup by Cardiff Guitars: relubricated, electronics cleaned, action set low with no bend in the neck etc. ALSO!! Don't ask me about string spacing as its adjustable, just screw the grooves round, widen it up for slap and narrow it down for fingerstyle.

Comes with hardshell professional plush hardshell protec case case, as made for orchestra instruments and a custom made John Edwards leathercraft polished brass engraved buckle strap.

[attachment=33151:Picture_018.jpg]
[attachment=33150:Picture_027.jpg]

Seen these go for anything from £800 to £1500.

No Longer for sale but will consider all trades.

Edited by Schnozzalee

[quote name='3V17C' post='609947' date='Sep 27 2009, 12:35 PM']damn that makes me miss my old Goodfellow serial no 001 !! bad move ever selling that on!!!! aaaaargh.. no bucks for this unfortunately but hey, its a bump!

peace

c[/quote]

Only moved it on (trade) quite recently myself as I needed to access a 5er for a project and the GB was [b]criminally[/b] underused by me.

If you talk nicely to[b] giblett123[/b], he might let you buy it back off him. :rolleyes: :lol:

On the other hand.........................................

Will we[b] ever [/b]learn? :)

[quote name='bassicinstinct' post='610887' date='Sep 28 2009, 02:55 PM']Only moved it on (trade) quite recently myself as I needed to access a 5er for a project and the GB was [b]criminally[/b] underused by me.

If you talk nicely to[b] giblett123[/b], he might let you buy it back off him. :rolleyes: :lol:

On the other hand.........................................

Will we[b] ever [/b]learn? :)[/quote]

did you have the original no.001 same shape as the OP's one in this post or did you have that prototype Spitfire style with the maple neck? . . .

c

I owned the Spitfire prototype for sale elsewhere on here and i also owned the very first ever Goodfellow bass sn.001 which was pretty similar to yours 'cept with gold machineheads, bookmatched walnut (?) body and a weird grain running right down the fingerboard longways.

c

[quote name='bassicinstinct' post='611124' date='Sep 28 2009, 06:56 PM']The prototype with the maple neck. :rolleyes:[/quote]

Just seen below your avatar bassinstinct, that your a fellow user of the Ashdown Superfly!! Great stuff :) . Just going to disguise this bump with a video from Youtube EBS Freak showed me of a Goodfellow Classic in action:

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvcE6EqOR9c&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvcE6EqOR9c...feature=related[/url]

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Rich :) I'm not overly desperate for a sale, but I do need the money to afford my rent in an expensive uni room next year... and to get away from the mental bunch i currently live with. So I may open this up to overseas shipping after checking the costs. I think if i let it go for any less than £900 collected I'd be kicking myself.

• 3 weeks later...