Why become a member? ×

**SOLD** Status Shark Pro Active

grahamd

Hey All

So I traded this gorgeous bass a couple of weeks ago but a moment of impulse on ebay means it is being moved on

Rare twin pup active version, two octaves w/zero fret. Twin graphite rod reinforced neck. Comes w/Hiscox hard case

Great condition (virtually no 'rash) apart from some paintwork scratches top and bottom of body and a dent on the rear of the neck at the 12th fret which the top of your thumb touches should you be up that way. Also a couple of barely perceptible dents on the back of the neck lower down near the 3rd and 5th frets - none of this affects the playability - wickedly fast neck. A couple of v. small bits of chrome have come off the bridge

Heres the original link (hope you don't mind Andy, playing your Jazz got me to thinking... :))

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=57535&hl=status+shark"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...hl=status+shark[/url]

Based in Bristol area, prefer collection or will happily meet half way within reason. If you'd rather have it posted we can discuss

best
Graham

Edited by grahamd

[quote name='Tait' post='590175' date='Sep 4 2009, 09:48 PM']ooh very nice, i dont usually like sunburst (too boring, i dont dislike it though) but sunburst really looks great on this bass![/quote]

thanks, I agree, think the black p/guard gives it a moodier look

[quote name='Shambo' post='590183' date='Sep 4 2009, 10:03 PM']Well... I didn't expect to see this moved on so quickly! :)

It truely is a lovely lil bass in great nick. Someone give it a good home. :rolleyes:

Good luck with the sale.

P.S. Graham's a nice guy to deal with too.[/quote]

thanks man, hope all's good up your way. come on the reds!

[quote name='LukeFRC' post='590290' date='Sep 5 2009, 12:13 AM']wow its strange to see my old bass come up again. It was my first ever bass! Good price, it sounds great too.

does the case still have the 'arran is for lovers' sticker on it? :)[/quote]

stickers gone now Luke, but is is a great sounding bass!

I think somebody needs to become the official autobiographer for this bass. At this rate, it seems like everybody here on Basschat will own it at some point in their lives!

I was the owner prior to Shambo, and strangely enough my decision to part with the bass was due to a MIA Fender Jazz and the need to purchase some amplification! In any case, I can only echo what others have said about the bass. The neck is great to play on, wider than a Jazz but much slimmer, and the active EQ also allows for a large range of tones.

I suppose the next buyer needs to be somebody who is well equipped in the amplification department and has a distinct hate of all things Fender...

Mark

[quote name='M-Bass-M' post='590548' date='Sep 5 2009, 12:17 PM']I think somebody needs to become the official autobiographer for this bass. At this rate, it seems like everybody here on Basschat will own it at some point in their lives!

I was the owner prior to Shambo, and strangely enough my decision to part with the bass was due to a MIA Fender Jazz and the need to purchase some amplification! In any case, I can only echo what others have said about the bass. The neck is great to play on, wider than a Jazz but much slimmer, and the active EQ also allows for a large range of tones.

I suppose the next buyer needs to be somebody who is well equipped in the amplification department and has a distinct hate of all things Fender...

Mark[/quote]

MB1. :)
...O.K for amplification and a serious hatred of all things Fender!...Do you know me?..ARE YOU LOCAL? :rolleyes:

Official Biography...

First bit not really able to be verified...
1997 Rob Green makes bass for his son. He gets a bass returned from germany which his son gets. This bass goes to a local shop....

2002 Me bought it as my first bass from Music Warehouse Colchester. It's sat at the back of the basses covered in dirt and looks like it's been there for years. Most of the dinks on edges in it are from then but obviously new.
Shop keepers young assistant accidently gets out this status hiscox hard case for it instead of a cheap gigbag. Its the only status in the shop so he kinda has to give it to me. I buy for £450 which is the top of my budget and more to uni the next day. Over the years learn to play bass on it. Helped by it's high string tension and close spacing.
Eventually I started a band and the thick warm tones this bass has to offer didn't fit with electro-avant-artschool-pop so I bought a CIJ fender P bass.

2008 Having not got played for a while I sold it to 'Misterpink' in London from the statii forum for £400
It helped fund the blue warwick warwickhunt was selling at the time.

after that....

M-Bass-M (mark)...
Shambo....
GrahamD....
MB1 (martin).....

It's a lovely bass. Enjoy.

some very very old pics...
Me playing at some church weekend away in the middle of the scottish borders
and a memorial gig we did in the sculpture court at edinburgh college of art for paul carter. electro pop band fun.

Edited by LukeFRC

[quote name='LukeFRC' post='591806' date='Sep 6 2009, 11:38 PM']Official Biography...

First bit not really able to be verified...
1997 Rob Green makes bass for his son. He gets a bass returned from germany which his son gets. This bass goes to a local shop....

2002 Me bought it as my first bass from Music Warehouse Colchester. It's sat at the back of the basses covered in dirt and looks like it's been there for years. Most of the dinks on edges in it are from then but obviously new.
Shop keepers young assistant accidently gets out this status hiscox hard case for it instead of a cheap gigbag. Its the only status in the shop so he kinda has to give it to me. I buy for £450 which is the top of my budget and more to uni the next day. Over the years learn to play bass on it. Helped by it's high string tension and close spacing.
Eventually I started a band and the thick warm tones this bass has to offer didn't fit with electro-avant-artschool-pop so I bought a CIJ fender P bass.

2008 Having not got played for a while I sold it to 'Misterpink' in London from the statii forum for £400
It helped fund the blue warwick warwickhunt was selling at the time.

after that....

M-Bass-M (mark)...
Shambo....
GrahamD....
MB1 (martin).....

It's a lovely bass. Enjoy.

some very very old pics...
Me playing at some church weekend away in the middle of the scottish borders
and a memorial gig we did in the sculpture court at edinburgh college of art for paul carter. electro pop band fun.[/quote]

MB1. :)
...Wonder Whos Next?
BLIMEY!..That Bloke stood on top of your Amps a bit Forward! :rolleyes:

Edited by MB1

[quote name='MB1' post='592059' date='Sep 7 2009, 01:15 PM']MB1. :)
...Wonder Whos Next?
BLIMEY!..That Bloke stood on top of your Amps a bit Forward! :rolleyes:[/quote]

you gotta love art college! I was actually playing through a half broken speaker i borrowed off a reggae sound system with a laney amp i had replaced a switch on myself... it sounded interesting...